- Jan 6, 2018 at 1:00pm EST to Mar 31, 2018 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: Smith Street Workshop
REGISTRATION OPEN FOR WINTER 2018 FRENCH AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM AT SMITH STREET WORKSHOP !!!
French courses and tutoring for all levels (beginners French, intermediate French, bilinguals and French native speakers)
- La Mini-Art Session : 1.5 - 2.5 yrs - Tuesday 9:30-10:15am
- Le Petit Workshop : 2.5 - 4 yrs - Thursday 9:30-10:15am
- Music and Movement in French : 4 - 7 yrs - Monday 3:30-4:30pm
- Le Petit Atelier : 4 - 7 yrs - Tuesday 3:30-4:30pm
- Beginners French : 6-10 yrs - Friday 3:30-4:30pm
- La Fabrique de L'Art : 7 - 11 yrs - Thursday 3:30-4:30pm
- Ici on parle français (Advanced French oral expression) : 10 - 12 yrs - Monday 4:30-5:30pm
- Atelier d'écriture créative (Advanced French composition) : 6-8th grade - Wednesday 4:30-5:30pm
- Club de débat : 6-8th grade : Thursday 4:30-5:30pm
For more info, visit our website : www.smithstreetworkshop.com
- Le café français : Adult beginners/intermediate beginners French : Monday 9:15-10:15am
- Created by: Nathalie Van Braekel
- Feb 6, 2018 at 1:00pm EST to Apr 3, 2018 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: Itunes, Google, Sony,
I am happy to announce that Django, the biopic about Jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt (brilliantly interpreted by Reda Kateb who was just nominated for his performance in the Best Actor category at this year’s Cesar Awards) is coming to Itunes Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Sony and local platforms on February 6th (next Tuesday!).
"Played to Perfection" - Indiewire
“One of the Best Scores” - The Hollywood Reporter
“Musically, (…), the film is a treat” - Screen Daily
Django is the toast of 1943 Paris, thrilling audiences with his distinctive brand of “hot jazz” and charming his admirers including his muse played by Cécile de France (Hereafter, Chinese Puzzle). But even as the rise of Nazism forces Reinhardt - whose music is considered degenerate under the Third Reich - to make a daring escape from Paris, he refuses to be silenced as his music becomes a form of protest.If you missed it in the theaters, now is your chance to see this critically acclaimed film at home!
- Created by: Anne Takahashi
- Feb 13, 2018 to Mar 30, 2018
- Location: The Quad and AMC Empire
Cohen Media Group is proud to announce the US release of DOUBLE LOVER, Francois Ozon’s twisted erotic thriller loosely based on the Joyce Carol Oates novel “Lives of the Twins.” Starring Marine Vacth and Jérémie Renier, DOUBLE LOVER is scheduled to open in New York (AMC Empire, The Quad) Los Angeles, San Francisco and Philadelphia on Wednesday, February 14 followed by a national roll out.
Chloé, (Young and Beautiful’s Marine Vacth) is a fragile young woman who falls in love with her psychoanalyst, Paul (Jérémie Renier,) soon after starting therapy to try and uncover the roots of her mysterious symptoms. Several months later the couple moves in together, but Chloé discovers that her lover is keeping part of his identity a secret. Visually striking, often outrageous, and chock full of mischievous cinematic references, DOUBLE LOVER is a guilty pleasure that keeps the audience guessing.
A master at playfully exploring sexual repression and the inner lives of women, François Ozon returns with
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Mar 22, 2018 to Apr 27, 2018
- Location: Angelika Film Center
Music Box Films is proud to announce the US release of BACK TO BURGUNDY by French writer-director Cédric Klapisch (L'Auberge Espagnole, Russian Dolls, Chinese Puzzle,) the tale of three thirty-something siblings reunited in the family vineyard where they grew up. Starring three of France’s most popular young actors, BACK TO BURGUNDY is scheduled to open in New York (Village East) and San Francisco (Vogue Theater) on Friday, March 23 followed by a national roll out.
Jean (Pio Marmai,) left his native Burgundy and the family wine business a decade ago to travel around the world. The black sheep of the family, he unexpectedly returns home to reconnect with his ailing father. When Jean’s father dies, his sister Juliette (Ana Girardot,) takes over the reins of the “domaine” together with their younger brother, Jérémie (François Civil), who has recently married into one of the region’s more prestigious wine families. As the business is transferred to the children, a prohibitive inheritance ta
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Mar 23, 2018 from 5:00am to 2:00pm EDT
- Location: The Graduate Center, CUNY
- Created by: Claudine Jean-Baptiste
- Mar 23, 2018 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm EDT
- Location: La Maison Française of NYU
A Francophone literary festival, co-sponsored by the Permanent Mission of the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie to the United Nations and by the NYU Center for French Civilization and Culture, takes place at various NYC locations. Visiting authors include Yamen Manai, the 2017 recipient of the Prix des 5 continents.
For full festival schedule, see nyu.is/5continents
Events at La Maison Française of NYU are listed below:
Friday, April 6, 5:00 p.m.
La littérature francophone dans le champ éditorial: Comment construire (et déconstruire) un genre littéraire?
La littérature francophone et le champ éditorial contemporain
Kathryn Kleppinger, Kaoutar Harchi, Kim Thúy
Modérateur: Stéphane Gerson, NYU
Friday, April 6, 6:30 p.m.
Les conditions de la création littéraire francophone: évolution et défis actuels
L'écrivain francophone - solitaire ou solidaire?
Yamen Manai, Lise Gauvin, Rodney Saint-Éloi, Évelyne Trouillot
Modérateur: Michael Dash, NYU
- Created by: La Maison Française of NYU