- Jan 6, 2018 at 1:00pm EST to Mar 31, 2018 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: Smith Street Workshop
REGISTRATION OPEN FOR WINTER 2018 FRENCH AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM AT SMITH STREET WORKSHOP !!!
French courses and tutoring for all levels (beginners French, intermediate French, bilinguals and French native speakers)
- La Mini-Art Session : 1.5 - 2.5 yrs - Tuesday 9:30-10:15am
- Le Petit Workshop : 2.5 - 4 yrs - Thursday 9:30-10:15am
- Music and Movement in French : 4 - 7 yrs - Monday 3:30-4:30pm
- Le Petit Atelier : 4 - 7 yrs - Tuesday 3:30-4:30pm
- Beginners French : 6-10 yrs - Friday 3:30-4:30pm
- La Fabrique de L'Art : 7 - 11 yrs - Thursday 3:30-4:30pm
- Ici on parle français (Advanced French oral expression) : 10 - 12 yrs - Monday 4:30-5:30pm
- Atelier d'écriture créative (Advanced French composition) : 6-8th grade - Wednesday 4:30-5:30pm
- Club de débat : 6-8th grade : Thursday 4:30-5:30pm
For more info, visit our website : www.smithstreetworkshop.com
- Le café français : Adult beginners/intermediate beginners French : Monday 9:15-10:15am
- Created by: Nathalie Van Braekel
- Feb 6, 2018 at 1:00pm EST to Apr 3, 2018 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: Itunes, Google, Sony,
I am happy to announce that Django, the biopic about Jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt (brilliantly interpreted by Reda Kateb who was just nominated for his performance in the Best Actor category at this year’s Cesar Awards) is coming to Itunes Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Sony and local platforms on February 6th (next Tuesday!).
"Played to Perfection" - Indiewire
“One of the Best Scores” - The Hollywood Reporter
“Musically, (…), the film is a treat” - Screen Daily
Django is the toast of 1943 Paris, thrilling audiences with his distinctive brand of “hot jazz” and charming his admirers including his muse played by Cécile de France (Hereafter, Chinese Puzzle). But even as the rise of Nazism forces Reinhardt - whose music is considered degenerate under the Third Reich - to make a daring escape from Paris, he refuses to be silenced as his music becomes a form of protest.If you missed it in the theaters, now is your chance to see this critically acclaimed film at home!
- Created by: Anne Takahashi
- Mar 22, 2018 to Apr 27, 2018
- Location: Angelika Film Center
Music Box Films is proud to announce the US release of BACK TO BURGUNDY by French writer-director Cédric Klapisch (L'Auberge Espagnole, Russian Dolls, Chinese Puzzle,) the tale of three thirty-something siblings reunited in the family vineyard where they grew up. Starring three of France’s most popular young actors, BACK TO BURGUNDY is scheduled to open in New York (Village East) and San Francisco (Vogue Theater) on Friday, March 23 followed by a national roll out.
Jean (Pio Marmai,) left his native Burgundy and the family wine business a decade ago to travel around the world. The black sheep of the family, he unexpectedly returns home to reconnect with his ailing father. When Jean’s father dies, his sister Juliette (Ana Girardot,) takes over the reins of the “domaine” together with their younger brother, Jérémie (François Civil), who has recently married into one of the region’s more prestigious wine families. As the business is transferred to the children, a prohibitive inheritance ta
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Mar 31, 2018 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm EDT
- Location: La librairie des enfants
The Barden Linguistics team in partnership with La Librairie des Enfants will be offering a FREE SPANISH + FRENCH reading of various books including Lupita Et Ses Amis!
AGE GROUP: 4-8 years old
Please make sure to sign up for the event in advance so we can make sure there will be room for all attendees.
What to know more about Barden Linguistics? We are in pre-launch! Please visit bardenlinguistics.com
Got questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Created by: Marion Guerriero