- Sep 6, 2012 at 2:00pm to Oct 29, 2012 at 5:00pm EDT
- Location: Think Coffee meeting room
Whether you are looking to start learning French, brush up on your skills, or take an advanced conversation class, ThinkFrench might be just what you need. The teachers at ThinkFrench are both university professors and native speakers, with over ten years of practice teaching French as a second language. Our classes offer a truly unique learning experience - each 8 week session gives you access to a private blog that has been specifically designed to help you master contemporary French, the kind of French that is being spoken on the streets of Paris today. The first 8 week sessions for levels 1, 2 and 3 are starting in early September. A few spots remain open at the moment.
Please visit our blog for more details :
We look forward to hearing from you. À très bientôt.
The ThinkFrench team.
- Created by: ThinkFrench
Monday, October 29, 2012 (5)
THE BIG PICTURE
- Oct 11, 2012 to Nov 16, 2012
- Location: Lincoln Plaza Cinema and IFC Center
MPI Pictures is proud to announce the release of THE BIG PICTURE, Eric Lartigau’s French thriller adapted from Douglas Kennedy’s American novel, starring Romain Duris (The Beat That My Heart Skipped, Heartbreaker,) Marina Foïs, Neils Arestrup and Catherine Deneuve. THE BIG PICTURE is scheduled to open in New York at Lincoln Plaza Cinema and IFC Center on Friday, October 12.
Paul Exben (Romain Duris in an intense perfomance) is a handsome and successful thirty-something Parisian corporate lawyer with a beautiful wife, two children, and a glimmering future as a partner in the firm he co-owns with his mentor, Anne (Catherine Deneuve.) But behind this deceptively perfect bourgeois façade lies a desire for creative fulfillment, a restless spirit who despises his conformist life and envies the freedom of his neighbor Greg (Eric Ruf,) an uncompromising photojournalist.
Greg’s unexpected death throws Paul’s life into chaos, and he makes a startling decision that pushes him into unknown territor
- Created by: Aimee Morris
THE OTHER SON
- Oct 25, 2012 to Nov 30, 2012
- Location: The Sunshine Cinema + Clearview Cinemas
Writer-director Lorraine Lévy’s THE OTHER SON, is a moving and provocative tale – filmed in Israel and the West Bank - of two young men – one Israeli, the other Palestinian, who discover they were accidentally switched at birth, and the complex repercussions on themselves and their respective families.
Joseph (Jules Sitruk), an 18-year-old musician preparing to join the Israeli army for his mandatory military service, lives at home in a comfortable suburb of Tel Aviv with his parents, France-born physician Orith (Emmanuelle Devos) and Israel-born army commander Alon Silbers (Pascal Elbé). A blood test for Joseph’s military service reveals that he is not their biological son; during the Gulf War Joseph was evacuated from a clinic along with another baby; both were given back to the wrong families. While the Palestinian Joseph went to Tel Aviv with the Silbers, their actual Jewish son, Yacine (Medhi Dehbi) was brought to the West Bank by the Arab couple, Said (Khalifa Natour) and Leila (
- Created by: Aimee Morris
Love is French
- Oct 29, 2012 at 3:00pm EDT to Nov 26, 2012 at 2:00pm EST
- Location: The Metropolitan Room
- Description: A new «little sparrow» has landed. Ankah infuses her daringly dramatic evocation of Piaf’s art with a contemporary energy and rhythm.—Broadway WorldFloanne is the French Madonna—Timeout NYUndeniably effective renditions—Cabaret ScenesHer training is evident. Her voice has marvelous range.—Times Square ChroniclesTrip to France: $2,000. Hotel with a view of the Eiffel tower: $600 a night. Bottle of champagne: $100. Night in Paris in the city of New York being mesmerized and serenaded by Floanne: priceless. Treat yourself to a night in Paris without even leaving home. The French Chanteuse envelopes you with style and originality that eases you into a relaxed mood and leaves at the end of the night full of romance and forgetting where you are and where you came from… like in a Woody Allen movie.In her new show «Love is French», Floanne explores, rather academically… love. In a jazz cabaret show of French chanson with a a comedic flavor, a lot of personality and romantic overtones , Flo
- Created by: Flo Ankah
Salon de Ning Ciné Sous Les Étoiles Film Series: "The Artist"
- Oct 29, 2012 from 4:30pm to 7:00pm EDT
- Location: Salon de Ning
This summer, Salon de Ning presents Ciné Sous Les Étoiles: a French Film Series (Cinema Under the Stars) screened outdoors on the West Terrace. Beginning July 30, 2012, the monthly program will feature four French films in honor of The Peninsula Paris. The film screenings will take place under the stars on the last Monday of the month from July through October on Salon de Ning’s West Terrace, where a large outdoor screen will be set up and tables arranged for guests to be comfortably seated for an optimal viewing experience. From 8:30 pm onwards, guests will enjoy cocktails, a delectable appetizer menu and a French film en plein air.
Date and film:
Monday, October 29 – The Artist
Time: 8:30 pm
Reservations are not required for each Ciné Sous Les Étoiles screening, however a minimum purchase of one cocktail per person is required; seating is based upon availability. In the event of forecasted rain, the film screening will be canceled with 48 hours’ notice. Salon de Ning is located on the 2
- Created by: Rachel Farnham