- Sep 14, 2011 to Oct 29, 2011
- Location: photography
- Description: JEAN-PAUL CATTIN "MOTEL DE FOUNEX"SOLO EXHIBITION at the MASTERS & PELAVIN GALLERY NEW YORK
- Created by: Jean-Paul Cattin
- Sep 26, 2011 at 3:00pm to Nov 5, 2011 at 6:00pm EDT
- Location: Midtown West
- Description: This 10 session acting workshop incorporates voice work, physical improvisation and scene study. In keeping with our mission to promote international theatre by living artists, we will draw on texts by contemporary playwrights from around the world. Students will have the choice to work on American texts or translate their scene or monologue into English from a native language. The class will include regular visits to international theatre events followed by discussion. The course will culminate in a performance for theater professionals and friends. We seek to create a diverse class that includes many different countries and languages. Our ideal student has a deep curiosity about cutting-edge international theater, a love of play, a passion for understanding the human experience and an ensemble spirit. Limited to 20.
Teacher: Manisha Snoyer, director Into This City International Acting School
- Created by: Manisha Snoyer - Actress/Teacher
- Sep 27, 2011 at 3:00pm EDT to Dec 6, 2011 at 2:00pm EST
- Location: Midtown West
- Description: L'atelier Francophone est un cours de théâtre proposant des exercices sur l'imagination, le corps et la voix afin d’élaborerun jeu créatif et "réel". Nourrir ce jeu, c’est mettre à contribution la vie intérieure de l'acteur, explorer la richesse et le potentiel de sa propre individualité, et découvrir le lien harmonique qui l’unit à son partenaire.
Le cours intègre des méthodes diverses d'apprentissage du jeu (Meisner, Stanislavski, Chekhov, etc.) pour que l'acteur puisse découvrir les outils les plus utiles à son répertoire.
L'accent est mis sur le travail en groupe. L'intérêt est de créer une troupe d'acteurs composée d’individus qui apprécient et essaient tout autant de nourrir le travail de la compagnie entière que d’enrichir leur propre savoir-faire.
Ce semestre, nous travaillerons sur des scènes diverses écrites par des auteurs contemporains francophones.
- Created by: Manisha Snoyer - Actress/Teacher
- Oct 6, 2011 to Oct 28, 2011
- Location: Paris Theatre
- Description: Paris, 1960. Jean-Louis (Fabrice Luchini, Potiche) lives a bourgeois existence absorbed in his work, cohabitating with his neurotic socialite wife Suzanne (Sandrine Kiberlain, Mademoiselle Chambon) while their children are away at boarding school. The couple’s world is turned upside-down when they hire a Spanish maid Maria (Argentinean-born actress Natalia Verbeke) through whom Jean-Louis is introduced to an alternative reality just a few floors up on the building’s sixth floor, the servants’ quarters. There, Jean-Louis befriends a group of sassy Spanish maids (Pedro Almodovar regular Carmen Maura, Lola Duenas, Berta Ojea, Nuria Sole, Concha Calan), refugees of the Franco regime, who teach him there’s more to life than stocks and bonds, and whose influence on the house will ultimately transform everyone’s life.
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Oct 7, 2011 at 7:00am to Oct 29, 2011 at 2:00pm EDT
- Location: French Institute Alliance Francaise
In Nick van Woert: Terra Amata, an exhibition of new works, Brooklyn-based sculptor Nick van Woert borrows icons from the past, referencing the ideals of former generations, and overlaps them with more familiar contemporary materials.
The work illustrates a chronology of forms and ideas encompassing everything from classical sculpture, the Donner Party, and Henry David Thoreau, to Ted Kaczynski, Pruitt-Igoe, and 6221 Osage Avenue. The exhibition's title refers to an archaeological site in the South of France where it is believed fire was first used domestically.
This event is part of Fiction & Non-Fiction, one of Crossing the Line 2011's three curatorial program perspectives.
Free and open
to the public
- Created by: FIAF
- Oct 11, 2011 to Oct 20, 2011
- Location: Morristown, NJ et Montclair, NJ
- Description: UN ANNIVERSAIRE ? UNE FETE ? UNE ENVIE DE PETIT CADEAU ? Un livre est un cadeau formidable et toujours apprécié, surtout s’il est en français !
Du 10 au 15 octobre 2011 nous aurons notre cinquième grande foire aux livres français à Morristown at du 19 au 20 à Montclair.
Nous y vendrons des livres d’occasion pour adultes et enfants ainsi qu’une sélection de livres neufs des éditions Milan, Hachette, Caterman et Scholastic.
Venez donc faire de bonnes affaires avec famille et amis francophones. Cette foire aux livres est une occasion unique d'enrichir votre bibliothèque de titres en français et de faire des cadeaux originaux !
Si vous avez des livres d’occasion pour enfants ou adultes, vous pouvez contribuer à notre foire et au projet PVF en les faisant parvenir avant le 10 octobre à l’attention d’Anouk Long à Morristown. Merci d’avance !
- Created by: Anouk Long
- Oct 19, 2011 at 3:00pm to Oct 20, 2011 at 9:00pm EDT
- Location: Hiro Ballroom & Santos Party House
The French Music Export Office and The French Cultural Services present a stellar lineup of French artists for its annual FREE Concerts “FRANCE ROCKS CMJ NIGHTS”.
RSVP "CMJ 2011" in the “show” field
Check out the CMJ sampler with all bands performing at our events HERE! Free download!
More information on France Rocks New York
Supported by The French Cultural Services, L’Institut Français,
Daily Motion, Technikart, Atout France and BunchOP.
- Created by: FRENCH BUREAUEXPORT
- Oct 20, 2011 from 11:00am to 1:30pm EDT
- Location: 34th street and 9th avenue, next to B&H Photo
Citifari landmark tour includes the New Yorker Hotel, the Empire State building, Grand Central Terminal and the Chrysler building.
Citifari tour starts outside B&H Photo at the corner of 34th st. and 9th av.
- bring your best camera, a couple of lenses if you have (a standard zoom should be enough but you might want to be able to play a bit),
- remember to charge your battery and have a memory card that will allow for some 100 shots (~ 10 shots per spot),
- wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes according to the weather,
- most of the tour occurs outside, wear a hat and sunscreen during sunny days,
- bring some refreshments / snacks
The tour should last between 2-1/2 hour and 3 hours and will end close to the Chrysler building.
Check www.citifari.com for reservations and more information
- Created by: Sam Levy
- Oct 20, 2011 from 3:00pm to 7:30pm EDT
- Location: Veranda NYC
Bonjour tout le monde,
Last Dinner at Veranda was amazing that's why we are repeating the experience next Thursday at 7:00PM for dinner and drinks Hookah and more.
We are expecting many Francophones and Francophiles that evening. Let's converse in French over some great food.
If you prefer to skip the dinner feel free to join us for drinks. The main goal is getting together and speaking French.
Restaurant by day and lounge by night. Veranda is in a world of its own. Exposed brick walls, outdoor tables, and a glass facade greet you on a modern Mediterranean dining experience.
The lounge, with its candle lit atmosphere, hookahs on order, and international beats is the perfect place for an intimate drink.
For those feeling more ambitious, Veranda spins contemporary house, hip-hop and rock all night long in its main dining room. Surrounded by dim, sexy lighting and packed with a European crowd the party looks straight out of the Mediterranean.
How to get there:
- Created by: Rendez-Vous NYC Events
- Oct 20, 2011 at 5:30pm EDT to Nov 7, 2011 at 2:00pm EST
- Location: Metropolitan Room 34 West 22nd Street, NYC 10010 212-206-0440
Yvonne Constant will be at the Metropolitan Room in New York
Thursday, October 20th, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Saturday, October 29th at 9:30 PM
Wednesday, November 2nd at 7:00 PM
Monday, November 7th at 7:00 PM
- Created by: Yvonne Constant