Translating a novel to film is a language in itself - a dialect in discovery. Join Learn French Brooklyn in an exploration of the 19th century.
Each week includes information, expert instruction and discussion centering on pivotal aspects of each novel and the corresponding film. The successes, the discrepancies, interpretations, and surprises - we tackle and interpret them all!
Classes can be taken as a series or one workshop at time. Pre-registration required. This workshop is in English, subtitled movies.
- March 3rd: Les Misérables (2:00 – 4:00 PM)
- April 7th: Madame Bovary (2:00 – 4:00 PM)
- May 5th: Les Liaisons Dangereuses (2:00 – 4:00 PM)
- June 2nd: Hiroshima, mon Amour (2:00 – 4:00 PM)
- July 7th: La Pirogue (2:00 – 4:00 PM)
Workshop Instructor: Souad Bouhayat
Location: The Yard (33 Nassau Ave. 11222)
Fee: Single Class: $ 40 | 5-Class Series: $ 175