- Aug 19, 2014 at 4:00am EDT to Dec 30, 2014 at 2:00pm EST
- Location: Nationwide
Apres une sortie a New York le 15 aout au Elinor Bunin Munroe Center dans l'Upper West Side, le dernier film de Philippe Garrel avec Louis Garrel et Anna Mouglalis sort sur Itunes le 19 aout.
Lien vers le film:
Synopsis (en anglais):
Louis Garrel (THE DREAMERS) stars in this enthralling tale of love, temptation and betrayal, directed by none other than his father, major post-New Wave auteur Philippe Garrel. After separating from his wife, Louis moves into a garret apartment with his fellow actor girlfriend Claudia (Anna Mougladis) as they struggle with fidelity and the temptation to give up their art for an easier life.
- Created by: Anne Takahashi
- Sep 8, 2014 at 5:00am to Jun 26, 2015 at 9:00am EDT
- Location: In Williamsburg
Our French immersion program in Williamsburg / Greenpoint which will begin in September 2014 has spots open for children 2.5 yrs to 4 yrs old.
Led by experienced and dynamic French speakers this program will follow a curriculum and offer our children an opportunity to learn about our world through creative and dramatic play, arts, stories, singing, playing, learning alphabet, numbers sharing meals all immersed in the French language.
Our drop-off classes will meet in a child-friendly rented room at Play, 33 Nassau avenue ( by the MC Carren park) in Brooklyn from 9:00am to 1:00pm Mondays- Fridays ( 2, 3 and 5 days options) starting September 8, 2014 to the end of June 2015.
For more info contact me at frenchforlittleones at gmail dot com
- Created by: Magda Lahliti
- Nov 5, 2014 at 3:15am EST to Jun 26, 2015 at 11:15am EDT
- Location: P. S. 84
P. S. 84 in Manhattan is seeking a French speaking Teacher Assistant to work full time in a K and 1st grade French Dual Language Class. PTA Funded.
If you are interested, email me Tflores@schools.nyc.gov or call (212) 799-2534.
- Created by: Theresa Flores
- Dec 16, 2014 to Dec 30, 2014
- Location: Film Forum
40-something-ish Pomme and Pierre, a longtime married couple, are played by two of the best and busiest actors working in France today, Emmanuelle Devos and Mathieu Amalric. They go to chic Lyon art openings and share hikes in the woods. But do they still love each other? Amalric has been called “one of the most reliable – and also one of the least predictable – embodiments of Gallic intellectualism under duress” (A.O. Scott, The New York Times), and Devos “a gifted actress…who has always excelled at playing private, wounded women, perhaps because she refuses to conform to the movies’ one-dimensional ideal of female beauty” (Scott Foundas, Variety). When Pomme decides not to leave the forest with her husband, and instead begins an extended meditation on where her life will go next, we’re left wondering what love and commitment really mean and whether any relationship can successfully navigate decades of the same old same old. As Olivia Harrison (George Harrison’s widow) once said: “Wha
- Created by: Kelly Soule
- Dec 23, 2014 at 6:00am to Jan 15, 2015 at 1:00pm EST
- Location: Agora Gallery
The original work of three French artists Brice Poircuitte, Nadiejda Charova Tscheltzoff and STORDEUR will be on display at Agora Gallery, NYC.
About Brice Poircuitte
The worlds of rock music, comic strips, and graphic art come together in Brice Poircuitte’s bold, provocative paintings. “It is important to me that each painting exudes emotion,” he says, and in his work strong, vibrant colors and unexpected, surreal arrangements of people and objects combine to create a psychedelic world that delivers a powerful emotional punch. In many of Poircuitte’s acrylic paintings (which often incorporate ballpoint pens and other media) intense colors emerge from black backgrounds, giving them a brooding darkness that channels and focuses their energy. Cartoonish figures are contained in an atmosphere that turns their whimsical nature into something far more intense and challenging.
A musician himself, the artist has designed album covers and visuals for performers, including the legendary alternat
- Created by: Amanda Aaron
- Dec 25, 2014 to Jan 2, 2015
- Location: The Quad
- Description: On December 26th, you can rent or purchase Barbecue, starring Lambert Wilson, on Itunes, GooglePlay and Vudu.On December 26th, Barbecue will also open at the Quad near Union Square.For his 50th birthday, Antoine receives a rather unpleasant gift: a heart attack. From now on, he’s going to have to start being more careful. But Antoine has spent his whole life being careful – careful of his health, careful of his diet and carefully taking care of his family and friends. Now Antoine wants to shake things up. And he does just that – both in his life and the lives of those around him!
- Created by: Anne Takahashi