- Jan 8, 2014 at 10:30am EST to Jun 25, 2014 at 12:30pm EDT
- Location: CoucouBrooklyn
About"Jeux Droles" is the first acting workshop for children to learn and have fun in French - Starting in January @ CoucouBrooklynMissionTeach a language through acting, boost self-confidence and have fun.Description
Have fun with acting
“Jeux D’roles” means roleplay and funny games. Our approach is based on words and pronunciation, sense memory, repetition, improvisation and immersion, invented scenes or scenes from existing plays.
Learn a language
Our workshops are bilingual but mostly taught in French. Our objective is to teach children how to learn to communicate and have fun in another language. Speaking a language is not only about saying words. It is also about finding your “persona” in another language. This includes thoughts, sensations, emotions and experiences in another language that can be discovered and explored through acting. Our classes offer a trusted and safe environment that enables children to develop imagination and focus, and to build self-confidence.
A class for
- Created by: Aurelie Harp
- Apr 28, 2014 at 6:45am to Jun 23, 2014 at 7:45am EDT
- Location: Lark Cafe
NEW Spring 2014 French singalong for age 1- 2.5 with Muriel using singing, dancing, mime, puppets, musical instruments, storytelling
1007 CHURCH AVENUE BROOKLYN, NY 11218
April 28 to June 23 (no class Memorial Day)
$160 (8 sessions)
Drop in $25
Email for enrollment:
- Created by: MA Shumin
- May 15, 2014 to Jul 25, 2014
- Location: Lincoln Plaza Cinema and Angelika Film Center
Cohen Media Group is proud to announce the upcoming release of Cédric Klapisch’s CHINESE PUZZLE, the New York-set third installment in Mr. Klapisch’s popular trilogy, scheduled to open in New York (Lincoln Plaza) and Los Angeles on Friday, May 16 followed by a national roll out.
Years after L'Auberge Espagnole and Russian Dolls, Xavier (Romain Duris)’s life is still a mess. His ex-wife Wendy (Kelly Reilly) has left him in Paris and taken their kids to New York. Always up for an adventure, broken-hearted Xavier follows them to the city and begins to piece together a life for himself amidst the cheerful chaos of downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn. An imminent deadline for his new novel, the realities of immigration, his ex girl-friend, Martine (Audrey Tautou) and best friend Isabelle (Cécile de France,) add to the vibrant jumble in this comically delightful conclusion to Cédric Klapisch’s trilogy. Now 40 years-old, the characters have left a bit of their naiveté and carefree attitude behi
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- May 16, 2014 at 7:00am to Jun 5, 2014 at 2:00pm EDT
- Location: Agora Gallery
NEW YORK, NY – Chelsea’s Agora Gallery will feature the original work of Bruay la Buissiere artist Ouni Mam in Contemporary Perspectives. The exhibition begins on May 16, 2014 and runs until June 5, 2014, with an opening reception on the evening of Thursday May 22, at 6-8pm.
About the Artist
Ouni Mam paints in a wide variety of styles, from figurative to abstract and symbolic pieces. Yet despite the diversity of subjects in her work, every piece by this artist is recognizably hers. This is thanks to her personal signature of bright, saturated colors, impasto brushstrokes, and an emphasis on light and movement. Preferring to work in oils, Ouni Mam’s powerful pieces are creations of the moment, a reflection of the artist’s instincts and emotions as she stands in front of the canvas. As the artist herself explains, she paints “the incorporeal, the conceptual and intangible.” Whatever artistic style she employs, her paintings give the impression of being transparent veils that reveal differe
- Created by: Amanda Aaron
- Jun 5, 2014 at 11:00am to Jun 30, 2014 at 7:45pm EDT
- Location: jinglebiningual.com
we just started a KICKSTARTER campaign. YOU HAVE TO SEE the animated jingles! they are catchy and are in FRENCH, SPANISH, MANDARIN & ENGLISH! Please take a look.
We are giving away some awesome rewards for your support.
Spread the word! BIG thanks, shelly!
- Created by: shelly meridith delice
- Jun 5, 2014 at 2:00pm to Jul 4, 2014 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: Michele Mariaud Gallery, SoHo
- Description: Many Faces is the new exhibition by French Illustrator Serge Bloch. Opening Reception June 5th, open to the public. Exhibition: June 6 July 4. You have probably seen a Serge Bloch drawing before. One of the most prolific and talented living French illustrators, Bloch has a instantly recognizable voice, and appears regularly in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, The Los Angeles Times, as well as GQ and National Geographic. His work is humorous, heartfelt, with a deceptively childlike simplicity that has made him sought after as an illustrator for hard-hitting news stories, children’s books, and everything in between. Bloch was awarded a gold medal by the Society of Illustrators, the Bologna Ragazzi award, he Best Book Award in Taiwan and many others. “I am drawing stories and writing drawings,” says Bloch, “even with stories that have no rhyme nor reason or with sketches drawn upside down.”
- Created by: Michele Mariaud