Translating a novel to film is a language in itself – a dialect in discovery. Join Learn French Brooklyn in an exploration of five 19th Century Novels brought to life in full cinematic glory.
Each session includes informed, expert instruction and discourse centering on pivotal aspects of each novel and the corresponding film. The successes, the discrepancies, interpretations, and surprises – we tackle and interpret them all!
Classes may be taken as a series or one workshop at a time. Pre-registration required. This workshop is in English, films subtitled.
- March 3rd: Les Misérables (2:00 – 4:00 PM)
- April 7th: Madame Bovary (2:00 – 4:00 PM)
- May 5th: Les Liaisons Dangereuses (2:00 – 4:00 PM)
- June 2nd: Hiroshima, mon Amour (2:00 – 4:00 PM)
- July 7th: La Pirogue (2:00 – 4:00 PM)
Workshop Instructor: Souad Bouhayat
Location: The Yard (33 Nassau Ave. 11222)