The FFLO Preschool (frenchforlittleones.com), a French immersion program for toddlers ages 2 - 4 is looking for a teacher starting in September 2017 who will be responsible for planning and implementing developmentally-appropriate activities designed to promote social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth in preschool children.
- Foster enthusiasm for active participation in the learning process.
- Understand the developmental milestones of young children.
- Promote learning in the areas of social-emotional, language, cognitive, and physical development.
- Plan and implement an age-appropriate, challenging curriculum for children. Develop lesson plans that are meaningful and age-appropriate.
- Provide a wide variety of learning opportunities, including individual, small and large group activities, both indoors and outside.
- Listen and respond to parent concerns in a responsible, constructive and resourceful manner.
- Attend weekly lesson-planning with Educational Director
- Establish and maintain appropriate standards of student behavior utilizing a variety of behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Actively seek opportunities for professional development in early childhood education.
- Provide for the physical safety of children through anticipation and removal of hazards, visual observation of children active or at rest, and by appropriately responding to injuries.
- Work in a team, share information and build positive working relationships.
- Actively support the school philosophy, community, and policies.
- Integrate meaningful and appropriate use of technology within the curriculum.
Qualified candidates must be native speakers with a proficiency level of English, have a degree in early childhood education , and must be certified to teach in NYS or have or French equivalent with 3 years of comparable experience (French immersion program). All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Interested Candidates must send Resume and cover letter to Magda at email@example.com