PS 84, The Lillian Weber School of the Arts, is looking for a nurturing and caring French dual language teaching assistant. The position requires a positive attitude and an ambitious personality, with a desire to improve the lives' of students by helping young learners become bilingual and develop an appreciation for multi-culturalism. Applicants should also possess a warm and collaborative personality and be able to create an environment that encourages critical thinking and self-reflection.
- Assisting the classroom teacher with implementing lesson plans and administering running records.
- Handling the record-keeping of assessment results
- Performing other administrative duties as required for the class.
- Organizing activities and discussions in French aimed at developing oral and written proficiency in a Kindergarten and first grade classroom.
- Planning with and assisting the teacher in preparing materials and supplies in advance for activities.
- Maintaining a well-organized, safe and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children.
- Developing a positive relationship with each child and promoting the development of self-esteem and self-discipline for all students.
- Performing other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 6 months-1 year experience working with children in an educational environment -Must demonstrate experience and interest in working with young children, parents, and volunteers.
- Fully fluent and literate in French