Administrative Assistant with French-language Skills
Job: Administrative Assistant
Date: Start immediately
Bonjour NY is a New-York based company that provides a variety of French-language educational services:
- Summer camp for children
- Private/semi-private lessons for children
- After-school enrichment classes for children
- Private/semi-private lessons for adults
Job requirements include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three years of experience as an administrative assistant
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude, initiative, flexibility, dependability, creativity, and ability to work and problem solve as a team player
- Skills with bookkeeping and financial analysis
- Must be willing to occasionally work week-ends, early mornings, and late evenings
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
- French language is a plus but not required
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing telephone and email communication among all Bonjour NY stakeholders, including French teachers, parents, Bonjour NY staff, and schools. Communication tasks include sending email blasts, answering individuals’ calls and emails, and transferring calls to appropriate staff.
- Creating a system to improve company workflow
- Managing the registration process for all Bonjour NY services. This includes creating/revising registration forms, tracking responses, and following up on client questions.
- Managing the shared Bonjour NY calendar, including the weekly calendar for French teachers.
- Creating and maintaining informational charts such as client contacts, camper allergies, etc.
- Maintaining office supplies inventory
- Opening and organizing mail
- Creating and posting of recruitment announcements
- Additional responsibilities as needed
Terms of employment
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Hours: 8.30 am-5.00 pm; summer hours: 7.30 am-5.00 pm
Please email your resume, a cover letter, and contact information for one professional reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.