Here is the 5/13 email sent by D15 Superintendent's office
Dear French Dual Language Families,
We thank you in advance for your patience. As per DOE regulations via Office of Enrollment, the public family deadline was kept as May 10 to ensure that appeals results are released citywide in a timely manner.
However, your families can submit appeals applications through your elementary school through Tuesday, May 15. Additionally, if there are any individual families who express interest in MS 136 after the appeals deadline, District 15 and the Office of Enrollment will be happy to work with you directly to submit a late appeals application or support otherwise.
- District 15 families who live in and are zoned to District 15 can appeal to MS 136 using your appeals round applications.
- PS 133 families who are zoned to District 15 can appeal to MS 136 using your appeals round applications.
- PS 133 families who are zoned to District 13 will not have MS 136 on your appeals application; however:
- These families can email enrollment directly at MSenrollment@schools.nyc.gov requesting a placement there.
- If these families reach out to me or MS 136 directly, I will then pass your information along to MSenrollment@schools.nyc.gov.
We and the Office of Enrollment are happy to work directly with D13 and D15 families who are interested in this program. Moving forward, we will continue to work together to plan and to define the instructional and curricular aspects of the Dual Language French Program with more detail to ensure that we are meeting the needs of your children.
Please share with your networks and apologies in advance if anyone was inadvertently left out. Again, we thank you very much.
Ursula Koffer on behalf of Anita Skop