Job Title: Preschool Teacher
Department: Language Center Preschool
Reports To: Education Preschool Director
Designation: Non Exempt full-time
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), is looking for a full-time Preschool Teacher for its Pre-school, an immersion French program designed for toddlers and preschoolers (ages 2 ½ to 4.5). The teacher will be responsible for planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities designed to teach French, while promoting social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth in toddler and preschool-aged children.
Application Deadline: ASAP
Start Date: Immediately
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is the leading French language and cultural center in the U.S. Since 1898, FIAF has been dedicated to creating and offering New Yorkers innovative and unique programs in education and the arts, all exploring the evolving diversity and richness of French cultures.
The FIAF Language Center is the largest language school dedicated to teaching the French language in the tri-state area and welcomes more than 7,000 registrations annually.
1. Foster enthusiasm for active participation in the learning process.
2. Understand the developmental milestones of young children.
3. Promote learning in the areas of social-emotional, language, cognitive, and physical development.
4. Plan and implement an age-appropriate, challenging curriculum for children. Develop lesson plans that are meaningful and age appropriate.
5. Provide a wide variety of learning opportunities, including individual, both for small and large group activities, both indoors and outdoors.
6. Listen and respond to parents’ and caregivers’ concerns in a responsible, constructive, and resourceful manner.
7. Attend weekly lesson-planning meetings.
8. Establish and maintain appropriate standards of student behavior utilizing a variety of behavior management strategies and techniques.
9. Actively seek opportunities for professional development in early childhood education.
10. Ensure the physical safety of children through anticipation and removal of hazards, visual observation of children active or at rest, and by appropriately responding to potential injuries.
11. Work in a team, share information, and build positive working relationships.
12. Actively support the school’s philosophy and community and enforce its policies.
13. Integrate meaningful and appropriate use of technology within the curriculum.
Qualified candidates must:
1) Be fluent in English
2) Be a native speakers (or have an equivalent level) of French,
3) Have a baccalaureate in early childhood education
4) Must have at least two years of experience in a preschool setting of which at least one year in a French immersion program.
5) All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S for any employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Candidates will also submit the title of a French book suitable for 3-year-old preschool-aged children including a progression and one sequence preparation to: Pascale Fabre at email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.
FIAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, citizenship status protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.