We are currently looking for two high school French teachers. Must be certified. Click here for more information regarding certification- https://www.schools.nyc.gov/careers/teachers/teacher-certification
Resumes accompanied by a cover letter may be sent to Assistant Principal Samantha Schmoeger for consideration at: email@example.com
The Boerum Hill School for International Studies is a New York City Public School that serves 700 students in grades 6 - 12. As an French - Dual Language and International Baccalaureate World School, we support learning for all students grounded in the belief that learning is collaborative, engaging, and relevant to real life. We prepare students for college and career readiness by providing a comprehensive liberal arts education grounded in project based- learning and global mindedness. Students develop strong reading and writing skills and the ability to think critically and creatively as socially conscious citizens of the world. The school is progressive, professional and maintains success by putting every learner at the center of our work. We are determined to be leaders in international education with highly successful students and teachers.
We believe in providing students with learning experiences where:
· teachers encourage students to value their own learning and to take responsibility for it by becoming independent, autonomous learners.
· teachers make learning goals explicit and the learning process transparent to students
· teachers differentiate learning experiences to accommodate the range of abilities and learning styles in the group
· teachers are committed to the principles of the programme and collaborate with each other
· students are seen as competent and are listened to
· students are encouraged to inquire into subject content
· students interact with their environments in a variety of ways, including physically, socially, and intellectually