La Petite Ecole Washington Square is currently seeking a substitute teacher with NY State Early Childhood Certification. The preschool classes are small (12 students) and the students range in age from 2 - 5 years old. The ideal candidate is organized, patient, gentle, and has prior experience working in preschool and early childhood education, special aid experience is a plus.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- NY state Early Childhood Certification Birth to Grade 2
- Working papers and visa for non-US citizens
- Fingerprinting and FBI background Check required.
- First aid and CPR certified.
- Familiarity with progressive educational philosophies such as Reggio Emilia, a plus.
- Patience and flexibility; ability to relate to young children and communicate with parents.
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume. For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.lpeny.com. No phone calls, please.