Located in the heart of New York City, the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is US’s leading French language and cultural center. FIAF’s mission is to create and offer innovative and unique programs in education and the arts that explore the evolving diversity and richness of French cultures. We seek to generate new ideas and promote cross-cultural dialogue through partnerships and new platforms of expression.
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Sales and Events Manager is responsible for the oversight, management, development, implementation, and coordination of FIAF events and rentals to support the mission and goals of the organization. The Sales and Events Manager must be able to work well in a team environment as well as with a range of people and personalities. Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate success in an event function. This is a full-time position, which is based at FIAF.
Marketing and Sales
- Market and sell the venues & catering packages to corporations, PR firms, event management companies and organizations that hold events
- Find new clients and generate new revenue streams (from new as well as existing clients)
- Identify appropriate networking places to list, promote, and advertise FIAF’s venues
- Coordinate with other FIAF Departments, including External Affairs, Membership and Marketing to promote venues with FIAF’s constituencies
- Assist the Events Coordinator with new inquiries and managing events’ logistics
- Work to advance the image of events at FIAF by being the primary contact of clients for the implementation of their event
Budgeting & Financing
- Build, manage and monitor the Rental Department’s budget and forecasts
- Control and monitor all expenses
- Generate all income reports & rental client lists
- Keep accurate records of all rental activities & history
- Keep track and ensure timely payment of all deposits and settlements
- Gather information from Technical Team, Events Coordinator, and Box Office Manager regarding additional expenditures and work with accounting to ensure that all additional expenditures are charged back to the client
- Maintain master schedules for all FIAF & rental events in Artifax
- Work closely with FIAF departments to locate available dates for their events & resolve conflicts
- Counsel clients on best available dates for their events
Event Management (Rental Department & FIAF’s events)
- Manage all aspects of multi-scale events for clients & for FIAF events from inception to completion (except staffing & payroll)
- Work closely with other team members to ensure that set up of facilities are in accordance with client needs for all events including rehearsals, performances, meetings and receptions (tech, staffing & building requirements)
- Welcome clients upon arrival for rehearsals and/or events
- Follow up with clients after each event to discuss feedback on event and to give clients the opportunity to book future events
Meet weekly with all parties involved to oversee schedules and planning of the events for upcoming weeks
Education & Skills
- Experience in event management required
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills required
- Available to attend evening and weekend events if need be
- Positive attitude, team player, sense of humor
- Proficiency with basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.…)
- Strong time management skills and willingness to work in a team-based environment.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or other legal basis.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews. No phone calls.
FIAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, citizenship status protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.