The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is the leading French language and cultural center in the U.S. Since 1898, FIAF has been dedicated to creating and offering New Yorkers innovative and unique programs in education and the arts, all exploring the evolving diversity and richness of French cultures.
The FIAF Language Center is the largest language school dedicated to teaching the French language in the tri-state area. With more than 6,000 registrations annually, we offer French in two convenient locations: Manhattan’s Upper East Side and Montclair, NJ.
In conjunction with its adult French language learning program, FIAF offers French language learning programs for toddlers (ages 1-4), kids (5-10) and teens (11-17) from beginner to advanced levels, including French for native-speakers.
Our program offers a high level of language instruction through curricula that are specially designed to meet children's pedagogical needs at every stage of their development. All our classes provide an integrated approach to French language and culture
Online Part-time French teacher
Vice President of Education, Adult Programs Coordinator, Youth Programs Coordinator, Private and Corporate Instructor Manager, FIAF Montclair Director
The French Institute Alliance Francaise is hiring part-time French teacher to teach online adult and children's classes.
RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Teach online group classes in both the adults’ and the children’s programs
- Teach online private lessons
- Administer placement tests
- Attend all training / meetings organized by the Language Center Department
- Fall, Winter, Spring: Monday - Friday (day, evening) - Saturday (day) for adult and children's classes
- Summer: Monday - Friday (day) for children's summer program, Monday - Friday (day, evening), and Saturday (day) for adults' section
- Native or advanced proficiency in French (C1 level desired)
- Unrestricted work authorization in the U.S. in hands required
- Degree in French, FLE (or DAEFLE) or equivalent preferred
- Must understand and practice full immersion in the classroom
- Experience teaching children and adults a plus
- Strong organizational and planning skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ ability to resolve conflicts diplomatically
- Ability to develop a rapport with children, parents, students and co-workers
- Strong class management skills
- Knowledge / experience with online classes via Zoom and Google Classroom a plus
Part time : start at $35/hour
DEADLINE TO APPLY
August 31, 2020.
To apply, please submit both your resume and cover letter in French to email@example.com
Starting date: September 2020.