FIAF Montclair is looking for enthusiastic teachers of French as foreign language to teach French language and culture to young children, teens and adults. The teacher will plan, implement and assess lessons and will teach with patience and creativity. FIAF Montclair is a branch of the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) in Manhattan offering language-learning programs for adults, toddlers (ages 2-5), kids (5-11) and teens (11-18) from beginner to advanced levels, including French for native-speakers.
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021
Start Date: June 26, 2021
ABOUT FIAF MONTCLAIR
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), is the premier destination for French language and culture in the tristate area, it offers French classes, workshops, and social events for all ages and levels in Montclair, New Jersey. www.fiaf.org/newjersey.
- Teach French classes in person and online Tuesday through Saturday
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan about French language and culture
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods relevant to the audience to stimulate the learning process and the students’ abilities
- Monitor students’ interactions in the classroom and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Assess students’ performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular basis
- Organize learning material and resources
- Cooperate with administration staff
- Follow and comply with FIAF teaching standards
- Assist with new students’ placement test
- Assist in the development and organization of educational, cultural and social activities to help grow the FIAF members’ community in its Montclair, NJ location
- Participate in development and collaboration for events within and outside of FIAF to attract new students and members
Teaching hours can be scheduled Tuesday through Friday between 7:30am and 3:30pm, between 9:45am and 5:45pm, or between 1.15pm and 9.15pm, Tuesday through Friday and Saturday 8:45am and 4:45pm on Saturday. Teaching schedules can change from session to session.
- Native French-speaker or equivalent proficiency, ability to communicate clearly in English
- Proven working experience as a teacher of French as a foreign language including an experience in teaching French to young learners
- Excellent knowledge of latest education theories and practices in the field of foreign language teaching
- Excellent knowledge of the French and Francophone cultures
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities
- Teaching and organization skills
- Patience and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- Keep abreast with the latest trends and best practices
- Master’s degree in teaching French as a foreign language or relevant bachelor’s degree/certificate (Licence FLE, DAEFLE, or equivalent)
- Artistic skills a plus (performing or visual arts)
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail cover letter and resume in French to Marie-Catherine Glaser, Director of FIAF Montclair Language center, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.
FIAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, citizenship status protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.