Full-Time Preschool French Teacher: à petits pas Excellence Program in Montclair, New Jersey
The Montclair Branch of the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), is looking for two full-time Preschool Teachers for its à petits pas Excellence Program, a French program designed for toddlers and preschoolers (ages 2 ½ to 5). The teacher will be responsible for planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities designed to teach French, while promoting social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth in toddler and preschool-aged children.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
Start Date: August 23, 2021
ABOUT FIAF MONTCLAIR
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), is the premier destination for French language and culture in the tristate area, it offers French classes, workshops, and social events for all ages and levels in Montclair, New Jersey. www.fiaf.org/newjersey.
- Foster enthusiasm for active participation in the learning process.
- Understand the developmental milestones of young children.
- Promote learning in the areas of social-emotional, language, cognitive, and physical development.
- Plan and implement an age-appropriate, challenging curriculum for children. Develop lesson plans that are meaningful and age appropriate.
- Provide a wide variety of learning opportunities, including individual, both for small and large group activities, both indoors and outdoors.
- Listen and respond to parents’ and caregivers’ concerns in a responsible, constructive, and resourceful manner.
- Attend weekly lesson-planning meetings.
- Establish and maintain appropriate standards of student behavior utilizing a variety of behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Actively seek opportunities for professional development in early childhood education.
- Ensure the physical safety of children through anticipation and removal of hazards, visual observation of children active or at rest, and by appropriately responding to potential injuries.
- Work in a team, share information, and build positive working relationships.
- Actively support the school’s philosophy and community and enforce its policies.
- Integrate meaningful and appropriate use of technology within the curriculum.
Qualified candidates must:
- Be native speakers (or have an equivalent level) of French,
- Be a native speakers (or have an equivalent level) of English,
- Have a Master’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or any other filed related to Child Growth and Development; or Teaching Certification from Department of Education in Elementary Education, Nursery School, Preschool through Third Grade; or Montessori education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have at least one year of experience in a French immersion program.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Candidates will also submit the title of a French book suitable for 3-year-olds preschool-aged children including a progression and one sequence preparation to: Marie-Catherine Glaser, Director of FIAF Montclair Language center, at email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.
FIAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, citizenship status protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.