Our French Immersion Program for children 2.5 to 4 years old is in need of a French Speaking Assistant Teacher with experience with preschool aged children to help the head teacher for the 4's program starting Fall 2016.
Here are some of the duties of the TA:
• Assist lead teachers in planning, developing and implementing age appropriate curriculum.
• Provide support to lead teachers in devising and imparting lesson plans on a daily basis.
• Set up interest centers and prepare instructional material such as flash cards and cutouts.
• Supervise students within the classroom and during recreational activities.
• Provide an environment of comfort and security for young students by indulging in nurturing behavior.
• Distribute and collect workbooks and worksheets and assist students in their assignments.
• Guide independent study and handle remedial work activities.
• Assist students during lunchtime, toileting and washing activities.
• Enforce cleanup activities after lunchtime by modeling appropriate behavior.
• Observe students for changes in behavior and report findings to lead teacher.
• Assist lead teacher in evaluating students and writing down assessments.
• Supervise students during field trips to make-certain their safety and well being.
• Organize and supervise physical education programs during school time.
• Handle student record keeping, filing and photocopying activities.
• Provide input on the overall progress of a student during parent-teacher meetings.
• Supervise and impart instruction to students in the absence of the class teacher.
• Provide one-on-one support to young students such as helping them write their names or learning initial counting.
The TA will be needed from Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 3:00 pm. Salary commensurate with experience.
Must be legal to work in the USA.