Replies

• Hi Marie,

I am a professor (non language related) and a native English speaker.  After several years of absence, I plan to return to Paris this summer and need to brush up on my French.  It would be great if we could meet for conversation; I am not good for more than a few minutes on the telephone.  If this has any appeal for you, I live on the upper west side where there are lots of reasonably priced public places.  It is said that I speak "aid me" French in that I can go to stores, order in retaurants and "get anything I need" without using English.  On the other hand, I am a poor political and social conversationalist.  

Additionally, I am becoming a metalsmith (jewelry designer) and do not know the technical language for my craft.  (Drills, torches, hammers,  saw blades, saw, tweezers etc.  I finally learned the arrondissement to find gemstones on my last few visits, but have moved into metal and have no idea where those craftspeople work.

I swap appartments with Parisians and would appreciate any support in getting my French up to par.

Paula 

Marie-Pierre Tizon said:

My name is Marie;I am a native french speaker as well as a professor.I have been in NY for three months and I would like to improve my english level and to practice  by meeting up with native english speakers living in Manhattan (or via skype).

If you are interesting,it will be a pleasure for me to help you improve your french as well!

Marie

marienewyork44@gmail.com

exchange french for english conversation
    preparing for an Oral Proficiency Interview and need to practice my conversational French. As an ESL teacher, I'm happy to exchange, in person or via…
  • Hello, my name is Liliane and I'm a native French speaker. I'm a retired NYC second grade teacher and I skype! :) Helping you pass you oral test would be a pleasure. Here's my email address: saftaliliane@aol.com. Please put NY in French on the subject line since I delete anything that is unknown. Talk to you soon, Liliane

Salut! Mon prenom est Liliane et le Francais est ma langue maternelle. Je suis a la retraite apres avoir enseigner CP2 a NYC et je Skype! :) Se serait mon plaisir de vous aider a passer votre test d'aptitude in Francais. Mon adresse courriel est si-dessus. SVP, ecrivez "NY en Francais" sur la line-sujet car j'efface tout ce qui m'est inconnu. A bientot, Liliane

• salut marie-pierre. je suis susiedec4 on skype. you? i'm happy to come into the city also for a moité-moité exchange. what are you a professor of?

Susie

Marie-Pierre Tizon said:

My name is Marie;I am a native french speaker as well as a professor.I have been in NY for three months and I would like to improve my english level and to practice  by meeting up with native english speakers living in Manhattan (or via skype).

If you are interesting,it will be a pleasure for me to help you improve your french as well!

Marie

marienewyork44@gmail.com

• Marie-Pierre Tizon said:

Marie

marienewyork44@gmail.com

• sounds good, sonia. do you skype? i'm susiedec4 on skype.

• My name is Marie;I am a native french speaker as well as a professor.I have been in NY for three months and I would like to improve my english level and to practice  by meeting up with native english speakers living in Manhattan (or via skype).

Marie

marienewyork44@gmail.com

This reply was deleted.

Visit our bookstore

Visit our store