It's a pleausre to invite you all to join in the ninth annual edition of Seuls en Scène, Princeton French Theater Festival, entirely virtual this year! Seuls en Scène introduces American audiences to contemporary French theater and takes place annually, in September, on the Princeton University campus. It is curated by Florent Masse, Director of L'Avant-Scène and Senior Lecturer in the…
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.
Boerum Hill School for International Studies is an International Baccalaureate and dual language public middle and high school in Brooklyn, NY. We emphasize equity, student voice, and real world inquiry. Our students are challenged and supported to think creatively and critically as socially conscious global citizens in a warm and dynamic school community.
Teaching Position Available: Two French Teacher Positions.
Grades 9-12 and Grades 6-8
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Mission Statement
The Boerum Hill School for International Studies is committed to creating a learning environment that develops inquisitive, knowledgeable, and compassionate young people who work to create a just and peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. As an International Baccalaureate World School, our classrooms are rich with authentic, project-based, and interdisciplinary learning. We emphasize intellectually challenging, culturally responsive curricula, and robust dual-language courses which empower our students to become active, engaged, and socially conscious global citizens.
We are looking for talented and committed educators to join our school. We offer many exciting opportunities for teachers, including:
- A deep commitment to equity, social justice, and on-going anti-bias work.
- An intentionally inclusive and diverse school with several ICT (integrated co-taught) classes per grade, heterogeneous classrooms, and admissions policies in place to maintain socio-economic diversity.
- Student centered classroom environments that cultivate confident, powerful, and curious thinkers.
- International Baccalaureate trainings and the support of International Baccalaureate Coordinators at both the Middle Years Program (grades six through ten) and Diploma Program (grades eleven and twelve) levels.
- A collaborative, intellectually engaged staff who deepen their practice together through co-planning, inquiry, and inter-visitation.
- Opportunities to design deep units of study framed by International Baccalaureate principles, including interdisciplinary units in partnership with colleagues from other subject groups.
- Robust peer coaching and a wide range of professional development opportunities to support teacher development.
- A well developed Restorative Justice Program that includes dedicated Restorative Justice faculty and a school-wide Advisory Program.
- Distributed leadership and a variety of teacher leadership opportunities.
- Active collaboration between teachers and school leadership.
- Dual language for all students regardless of their current level of foreign language proficiency.
- Exemplary Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Dance, Culinary, and Physical Education Programs.
- Partnerships with a wide range of community organizations.
- Joyful collaboration with families.
- International student trips.
- Location in vibrant Boerum Hill, Brooklyn.
Ideal applicants will demonstrate:
- Unwavering commitment to students and to addressing their instructional and socio-emotional needs through differentiation.
- Ability to integrate small group instruction, rich investigations, and interdisciplinary connections into curriculum planning for heterogeneous classrooms.
- Flexibility, comfort with self-reflection, and a problem-solving stance.
- Interest in collaborating with teachers and administration around instruction and school-wide policies.
- Certification to teach in the NYC public schools.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A commitment to teaching as an act of social justice.
- Excitement for ongoing professional development.
Check us out at http:www.k497.org