Need French Tutor for 7 yr old girl

Hello,

We are looking for a French tutor (with prior tutoring/teaching experience) to help our French-American daughter with her French. While she understands French, she does not speak it well, since we mostly speak English with her at home and she is in a local English-speaking school.

Ideally, I would need the tutor to pick up our daughter from school (on East 66th street) and to bring her to our house once or twice in the afternoons during the week for a 1-1/2hr. lesson. This would be for the next few weeks and then pick up again as the school year resumes in September.

The lessons should focus on grammar, spelling and reading taught in a fun ad interactive way.

Please e-mail me at mfgelot@yahoo.com if interested.

Thanks!

Marie

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Marie, Our wonderful nanny is looking to work some more hours (she currently works only in the morning with us) and is interested in your ad. Should you still be looking for a tutor for your daughter, please read her ad below and contact her directly.

"My name is Elisabeth, I'm a native French speaker with more than 30 years experience as a French teacher and around 20 years as a project manager in different "women rights, gender and development" programs. I'm bilingual with a university degree in English. Also, I was the national responsible for a youth movement and camp counselor for many years.

I love children and I'm very much interested in their intellectual as much as in their physical development. The very strong experience I have, due to the fact that I taught for a long time, raised up my own 3 children (grown up now) and many others, lead me to this creed: there is no activity, nor any job more exciting than taking care of children, because they are the most precious gift in the world.

I'm currently employed on a part time basis with a flexible schedule. Please contact me at : 646 457 63 99, in case you are interested in a bilingual, loving, reliable and strongly motivated babysitter.

References available upon request."

This reply was deleted.