Hi,My 6-year-old daughter attended a bilingual preschool in Philadelphia and went to Kindergarten last year at the United Nations International School in Queens, where she had French instruction every day. We had to pull her out of there, because we couldn't afford it, and we've now enrolled her at PS 499 at Queens College, which doesn't offer French in the 1st grade. We're hoping to supplement with French education elsewhere. I remember EFNY's page used to mention an after-school program in Astoria, but that's now disappeared from their page. Does anyone know whether that program still exists, or if the new program in Woodside will have an after-school component? Also, I keep hearing that Queens is an emerging center for Francophone New York. Any playgroups or parent groups that meet up around Jackson Heights? I look forward to talking with some of you soon!

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• oui il y a aussi meetup familles franciophiles,
    http://www.meetup.com/Familles-Francophones
    je suis membre depuis hier!!
    mon fils a 3 ans et j' habite dans le Queens, Astoria Park.
    lets keep in touch
    lydia lee
    • thanks! I will sign up...
  • You should have a look at Meetup groups to see if there is a Meetup French group in Queens.
  • There are new bilingual classes in Queens from next fall. See info from EFNY website below:

OUVERTURE de classes bilingues dans le QUEENS en Septembre 09
    pour les Kindergarten et 1st grade
    Seulement quelques places encore de disponibles !!
    PS 151
    50-05 31st avenue
    Woodside, NY 11377
    Northern Blvd
This reply was deleted.