Bonjour,

Looking for a part-time house keeper (30hrs per week) to help with shopping, cooking and cleaning and child supervision.

We are a francophone family of four living in a brownstone in Harlem. The children are 6 and 8 years old, my husband and I are educators and occasional business traveling and evening classes foster our need for an additional adult to help with the house and children when one of us is absent.

Position qualifications: We are looking for a reliable, responsible, cool-headed person, non-smoker, preferably francophone, with no criminal record, willing to provide references.

Compensation: salary plus room and board; offering an individual room (with window) with private bathroom (in the basement), cable and Wifi access.

Ideal candidate: is likely to be a part-time student or retired person interested to work and live in Manhattan with no living expenses with a friendly but busy family.

Starting date: first week of September

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Isabelle,

Following on the email I just sent you about Elisabeth, here is a posting she has going around while she looks for more work.

My name is Elisabeth, I'm a native French speaker with more than 30 years experience as a French teacher and around 20 years as a project manager in different "women rights, gender and development" programs. I'm bilingual with a university degree in English. Also, I was the national responsible for a youth movement and camp counselor for many years.

I love children and I'm very much interested in their intellectual as much as in their physical development. The very strong experience I have, due to the fact that I taught for a long time, raised up my own 3 children (grown up now) and many others, lead me to this creed: there is no activity, nor any job more exciting than taking care of children, because they are the most precious gift in the world.

I'm currently employed on a part time basis with a flexible schedule. Please contact me at : 646 457 63 99, in case you are interested in a bilingual, loving, reliable and strongly motivated babysitter.

References available upon request.

• Bonjour Isabelle,

I read your posting and was wondering if you are still looking for someone. If so, I'd like to recommend our own nanny. She is currently working only part time with us (4 mornings) and she would like to do more hours. She is a native French speaker and I highly recommend her. She is very reliable, loving and affectionate. Her name is Elisabeth and she is bilingual French/English. You can contact her at: elingonedione@gmail.com or 1-646-457-6399.

This reply was deleted.