Emmanuel Fremin Gallery in Chelsea New York City is looking for a parttime Gallery Intern working towards Gallery Assistant.
We are seeking for now with a first job position for the upcoming Downtown Fair on May 8th.
This person will provide support by managing administrative tasks such as communication, correspondence, schedule, and supporting with pre- and post-sales and exhibition-related activities. The ideal candidate must have a thick skin to remain calm in any situation and work under pressure.
This candidate is highly organized, detail oriented and energetic. Flexibility, enthusiasm, good writing and computer skills are a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Social media maintenance and website incl. Photographing exhibitions and events
• Basic accounting
• Artbase and website maintenance
• Orders supplies and materials required for each exhibition
• Arranges for art transport and maintains safety of artwork throughout installation periods and during exhibitions.
• Maintains proper upkeep of the gallery
• Writing press releases and artist biographies
• Receiving visitors
• Answering phones
• Updating inventory and mailing list databases
• General back office gallery work Additional responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor's degree
• Related work experience, art experience in an art gallery preferred
• Ability to work effectively and keep a positive attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; capacity to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs and basic website programming, social media etc.
• Detail oriented and organized; ability to work with limited budgets and within deadlines.
• Willingness to pitch in on varied tasks as needed. Flexible and resourceful; ability to improvise and problem solve efficiently.
• Knowledge of contemporary art a plus
Some evening (openings or events) and Saturday work required, particularly during installation periods between exhibitions.