IS 318 - District 14

Just wanted to add IS 318 to the list as a possible location for a middle school DLP?  I know that the building is under capacity by about 400 students right now, and the administration has been open to offering French in the past.  It's a great school with a lot of resources, and is right on the G / J / M / Z lines.

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Quick survey
    1.       If your child was offered 318, will you be accepting? –
    2.       If French was offered as an elective class at 318, would you be interested?
    3.       If a French DLP program were to be offered at 318, would you be interested?  
    The International Baccalaureate is not offered at the school, but the superintendent and principal are entertaining this idea. Still,  tell us if that will affect your decision.
    • Fabrice, do we lnow how many families from PS133 and PS20 would be interested as well? Thanks
    • Here are the answers from PS 58 parents

Voici les resultats dus sondage pour PS58 a date:
      1.       If your child was offered 318, will you be accepting? – 
      1 YES / 7 NO
      2.       If French was offered as an elective class at 318, would you be interested?
      4 YES / 4 NO
      3.       If a French DLP program were to be offered at 318, would you be interested?  
      8 YES
    • IS318 is too far for us to consider, unfortunately. 

• 318 is to far for us to commute too and so is 316. 

mg, mom to Harrison

• Here's the response from PS 110 parents I told you about this weekend Fabrice, sorry it took me so long to get it up here!

1.       If your child was offered 318, will you be accepting? – 11 Yes (6 are appealing, 5 for BHS), 1 No

2.       If French was offered as an elective class at 318, would you be interested? - 12 Yes
      3.       If a French DLP program were to be offered at 318, would you be interested?- 10 Yes, 2 No
      Hope to hear from other parents too! 

• 3439386723?profile=original

https://www.greatschools.org/new-york/brooklyn/2749-Is-318-Eugeno-M...

There is a strong push coming through for this school, and 10 DLP parents already signed up.

D14 Superintendent Winnicki wants to create a French DLP there by September, and she has strong support from Exec. Superintendent Watts.

Who in this group would consider this school as a possible option? I think with enough D13 and D15 parents from this group this could be our school in the North!

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3439386723?profile=original
    • Where should we sign up if interested?
      We are interested, Samuel Leroyer parents.
      So are David Azaria parents
      Please let us know how we can officialize and confirm
      Thanks
    • Too far for me, but I'll share it with the 133 graduating class.  If families are interested, should they reach out directly to principal? 

I wish we had a decent list of where DL kids were placed.  I've reached out to a PS 20 teacher who is trying to connect me to parents there. 

This reply was deleted.