Box office / Library agent, part-time, 15-20 per week regular hours with the possibility of up to 29 hours per week depending on event demand.
Description: FIAF seeks a personable and reliable person to fill a new hybrid Box Office / Library agent position for 15-20 hours a week to sell tickets for its 3 venues: Florence Gould Hall, Tinker Auditorium and Le Skyroom as well as conduct library transactions for its 30,000 volume lending library. The Haskell Library will also act as an additional point of sale for ticketed events. FIAF is a Not-For-Profit Organization comprised of a language school, library and venue for a mix of French cultural events including cinema, live theatre, opera, dance, lectures and book signings (see www.FIAF.org for an overview).
Most scheduling will be in the afternoon to evening (Tues-Fri) and Saturday daytime, but the successful candidate should be flexible with day and weekend hours as required, as the event schedule varies. Occasional Sunday or Monday may be required.
Library duties will include but are not limited to:
- Accepting returned materials
- Checking out materials
- Registering members for new library accounts
- Reshelving of returned materials
- Room maintenance (pushing in chairs, clearing tables, refilling promotional literature)
- Selling electronic tickets to events via TM1 Sales
Box office duties will include:
- Selling tickets over the phone or at window
- Various administrative tasks
- Closing out sales at the end of day
- Submitting daily sales report
- Ideal candidates will be kind, customer service driven, reliable, responsible, detail oriented and able to work independently.
- Excellent phone and computer skills a must (Excel, Word and Zoom; training will be given on Ticketmaster HOST/TM1 Sales, Portfolio Circulation library software and Raiser’s Edge database). Prior knowledge of any of these software programs a plus.
- Knowledge of French language/culture,
- Library service or previous box office experience preferred, but not mandatory.
How to apply:
Interviewing and hiring ASAP. Training to begin Wednesday, Sept 8th.
Your application will not be considered without the following 3 items: a brief cover letter with complete resume and verifiable references sent to email@example.com