We are an international family in Midtown Manhattan, seeking a nanny for our 2 children primarily in the after-school hours (14h30 start time till June, 15h start time starting September) with possible full-time needs on school holidays. Because we lived in Paris for 3-1/2 years, we want to keep the language and culture alive by having a NATIVE French-speaking nanny.

Specifically, the responsibilities include:

- Prioritizes first and foremost the safety of the children

- Fun and energetic, great with imaginative play and games, but can discipline kids when necessary and with kindness

- Engaged and present for the children, not on cell phone

- Speaks to the children EXCLUSIVELY in French, having the children repeat words — again, being kind but persistent

- Well-organized

- Personable and can organize play dates

- Help with showers/baths 

- Light household chores and cleaning (dishes, tidying), possibly some errands

- Light cooking

- Flexibility in the evenings; hours will be regular but occasionally need extensions and overnights. Baseline will be 25 hours/week, but will have some late nights.

- Need verifiable references

We hope to hear from you. I do not always check this site, so if you are interested please email me at emilytaguchi@mac.com and tell me about yourself and your motivations please.

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,

My name is Marie-Astrid, and i'm native of southern France. I'm in new york until december 2016. i'm responsible in everything i do and honnest. I babysit on Park Slope and i can provide the references. i'am available and flexible. i can meet you for a interview to see if i can agree for this work.

Best

Marie-Astrid

This reply was deleted.

Visit our bookstore

Visit our store