Please see below for a recommendation for our former nanny, the wonderful Suzanne, who is available immediately.  She is ideally seeking a full-time position, but would be open to other arrangements.  She would like to work in Brooklyn or Manhattan.  Please reach out to me if you would like more details and/or for her contact info.  I can be reached at jbc1181 at yahoo dot com.  
I am also happy to chat on the phone and tell you more about my experience with her.
Thanks!
---
We wholeheartedly recommend our former nanny, Suzanne, to anyone who might be looking for a French-speaking childcare provider. 

Our families employed Suzanne in a nanny share in Park Slope, where she looked after our two sons.  We first met Suzanne because our original nanny was having some personal problems, and needed to take some time away.  We loved her, trusted her completely, and knew she only had the best interests of our children in mind, and she recommended Suzanne (they are cousins) to us as another French-speaking nanny.  Our original nanny's time away became indefinite, and we all agreed it would be best if Suzanne stayed on in place of our nanny, which she did.
We all grew to adore and trust Suzanne, just like we did our original nanny, and so did our sons. She is nurturing, loving, calm and incredibly reliable.  She handled the demands of two babies, 10 months apart in age, and their transitions to toddlerhood with ease and humor.  She was the most reliable nanny that I (Joanna) personally employed (prior to joining the nanny share, I had employed several other nannies) -- she was always on time, never missed a day, and was always flexible to stay a little later, or change the routine somewhat, when needed.  She was completely open to doing things the way we requested,  but we also completely trusted her to make her own decisions, as we knew she would make choices that were in the best interests of our children.

Suzanne was also very active with them -- taking them to the park, the library storytimes, and to various sing-alongs and playdates with other French caregivers in the neighborhood. (Some of you may have met her at the Friday afternoon park sing-alongs that Chrystelle hosts.)   On a number of occasions I happened to pass the park where she was with the boys, and I was able to observe them all at a distance -- she was never on her phone, but always had both of them out of the stroller -- on the swings, laughing together, on the slides, etc. 
She is an extremely calm, laid-back presence, and she really loved and cared for our sons in a way that gave me absolute confidence.  I will also say that until we employed her, I did not realize how valuable and stress-relieving it was to have a nanny who was completely, 100% reliable and whose personal situation I didn't have to worry about or feel responsible for.  
The only reason Suzanne is looking for another family to work with is because the other family moved to a different neighborhood, and we both decided that instead of going through the work of trying to find other nanny share partners, we would try daycare.  Suzanne then spent some time away, visiting her family in Africa, and is now back and looking for full-time work.
My son (Joanna) is now in a French-speaking daycare, and speaking with Suzanne in French throughout his days made the transition to French-speaking daycare completely smooth for him.  He is continuing to learn more and more, and speaks as fluently in French as you can expect from a 2-year old!, and that is building on the great foundation Suzanne provided for him.
Suzanne is quite flexible and open to any number of arrangements.  If she got to choose, I believe she would prefer to just work with one family, but I am sure she would consider any opportunity.  
Feel free to reach out to me; we would be glad to tell you more about our experience with her, and answer any questions you may have.  

(Because she was originally a temporary fill-in, and came recommended by our original nanny, we did not do a background check or talk to her former employers, but I know she has other references she would be happy to share with you.)

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello
    My name is Wendy and I really interested I'm a nannies for 4 years I lover kids and I speak fluency French for more informations about me don't hesitate to contact me at boudasandy84@yahoo.fr or 9292289215
This reply was deleted.

Visit our bookstore

Visit our store