Dear colleagues and friends,

I am sending you the video described below in the hopes that it will helpyou to raise public awareness of the serious ramifications of theAlbany actions and possibly spur some action (or reaction as it were).

I am also sending information forwarded from Bob Peckham ("TennesseeBob") - there are some extremely interesting points made that couldhelp maintain the integrity or avoid the elimination of some of ourlanguage programs.

Amitiés,
Madeline

Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="2"">SansSerif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="2">Madeline Turan
SUNY at Stony Brook
Dept. of European Languages, Literature, and Cultures
Vice-Présidente, AATF, 2011-2013
AssistantEditor, The French Review,"Dissertations inProgress"

"Nine tenths of education isencouragement."
- Anatole France

e mail from T Bob.doc

Dearcolleagues:

The mini documentary that I have created, with our film maker KelseyLane, in order to bring more attention to cuts in state funding foreducation has been completed. Please watch and pass along to friends!Our public assembly occurs today!

Chers collègues, Notre documentaire sur la désactivation des certainsprogrammes de langues étrangères à notre université d'État de New York aété complété. Une version française est à venir mais, en entre-temps,s'il vous plaît regardez et envoyez à vos amis. Aidez-nous à sauverl'étude des langues étrangères aux États-Unis !!! Merci mille fois!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVL-jSKSj5A

Nicole Nelson
FATITI participant

--

e mail from T Bob.doc

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I went to Albany. I ve met four French people working at IBM. Maybe French Tourists should visit Albany?? I like Albany, but i ve never heard of it, before i meet very interesting people and friendly who invited me there. There is potential, we should include it in the guide, it was the city of Edison and so on......i was surprised that i ve never heard about it, with interesting history. But i ve noticed it was so apart...And when i met a group of French people, we became friends because we were the smallest ethnic group. We had no choice ;-!

I really feel sorry. I like Albany......
  • SUNY Albany = Le monument de la honte
This reply was deleted.

Visit our bookstore

Visit our store