Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child in Summit, New Jersey has an immediate vacancy for a part-time lower school French teaching position
This position is for our Lower School and pertains to teaching grades Kindergarten, Second Grade, Fourth Grade, and Sixth Grade. We have a complete curriculum map which outlines what is taught at each level as well as curriculum resources for the teacher to use.
For the remainder of the school year, responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
* Preparing 11 French lessons per 6-day cycle and teaching a total of 22 class periods in a six day cycle (there are two sections per grade level, so you would teach one section of gr. 4 for three classes and the other section of gr. 4 for three classes - as an example).
* Designing a variety of assessments in French - project based, classroom work, oral presentations, quizzes and tests.
* Maintaining and updating a class French website for assignments and announcements.
* Initiating and maintaining communication with parents on an ongoing basis
* Offering two before school or afterschool general French help periods for students who may need extra help or need to meet with you
* Responsible for two faculty duties per week and two indoor recess coverages (only on a day of inclement weather)
* When possible, attendance at weekly Wednesday faculty meeting
* Maintaining of a digital gradebook and assessing trimester grades and filling in report cards
* Meeting with parents on an ongoing basis as needed or requested for any concerns
* Attending a welcome reception to meet the parents
* Active volunteer/participation in community/school events when possible
Please send resume and letter of interest to the Lower School Division Head, Christine Spies