Job Title: Part-Time Language Center Operations Assistant
Department: Language Center
Reports To: Administrative Director
The FIAF Language Center is the largest language school dedicated to teaching the French language in the tristate area. With more than 8,000 registrations annually, we offer French in two convenient locations: Manhattan’s Upper East Side and Montclair, NJ.
Position Summary: The Language Center Operations Assistant will be on the frontlines of customer service for the FIAF Language Center. They will be knowledgeable in all Language Center activities (group classes, private lessons, corporate lessons, exams, preschool) and be able to confidently reply to any customer or potential client. They will look for patterns in these interactions in order to help improve communication with students as well as the Language Center’s own operations.
The hours for this position are Monday-Thursday 9am-1:30pm and Saturday 9am-5pm, at our Manhattan location.
- Greet and welcome clients and students, answer all questions they may have.
- Answer questions by phone and email promptly.
- Register students in person or by phone.
- Keep students informed of any changes, such as class cancellations or room changes.
- Perform administrative tasks such as preparing class rosters, certificates of completion for students, etc.
- Assist Language Center colleagues as needed.
- Maintain a neat and welcoming reception area.
This job might be for you if:
- You notice great (and not-so-great) customer service. You think your morning latte tastes best when poured by a happy, welcoming barista and you’re excited to provide that same experience for our students.
- You are an ace communicator. Your emails make people smile and you can explain just about anything to anyone.
- You are a helper. You find it satisfying to help someone solve a problem and you’re willing to jump in wherever needed.
- You are an organized multi-tasker who gets a thrill out of checking items off your to-do list.
- You are curious, creative, and open to learning from mistakes.
- You are tech savvy and comfortable learning new programs and tools quickly.
- You have a passion for the French language and culture and want to share that passion with others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Native English-speaker or equivalent proficiency, ability to communicate clearly in French.
- PTO, Sick days, personal days
- French class and membership to FIAF
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume as one attachment (in English or French) by March 23rd to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.