Replies

• thanks you Valérie,

I found a good link for all disable people who will travel to NewYork and use metro :
    http://mta.info
    They have answered me quickly.

Please, i beg you pardon for my english

Valerie d'Aubigne said:
    Bonjour Alex,

No, you don't need a special card unless you want to apply for the free or reduced public transportation card for people with disability, that works for both buses and subways. In that case you can get it from any subway station or go online by internet. Almost every subway station has an elevator and handicap access, especially the major places, such as Times Square or 59th street by Central Park.

I have traveled around the world and to the best of my knowledge the United States and Scandinavia, where I have lived and advocated for people with disability, are the only advanced countries on handicap accessibility both in public transportation and in most public places and events.

I hope this information will help you in some way.

All the best,
    Valerie.
  • Bonjour Alex,

No, you don't need a special card unless you want to apply for the free or reduced public transportation card for people with disability, that works for both buses and subways. In that case you can get it from any subway station or go online by internet. Almost every subway station has an elevator and handicap access, especially the major places, such as Times Square or 59th street by Central Park.

I have traveled around the world and to the best of my knowledge the United States and Scandinavia, where I have lived and advocated for people with disability, are the only advanced countries on handicap accessibility both in public transportation and in most public places and events.

I hope this information will help you in some way.

All the best,
    Valerie.
This reply was deleted.

Visit our bookstore

Visit our store