Preschool Assistant Teacher
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) Preschool, a French immersion program, taught entirely in French, for toddlers ages 2.5 and 3 is looking for a full-time (8:30am- 4:30pm) assistant teacher, starting October 24th, 2018, who will be responsible for assisting with the planning and implementing of developmentally-appropriate activities designed to promote social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth in preschool children.
- Assist head teacher in the implementation of the curriculum.
- Provide for the physical safety of children through anticipation and removal of dangers, observation of children at play or at rest, and by appropriately responding to injuries.
- Help children with daily tasks and activities.
- Help children with transitions and foster their autonomy.
- Replace head teacher when necessary.
- Respect school’s philosophy and policies.
Qualified candidates must be 21, French speakers with a proficiency level of English, have a high school diploma with some college credits (Bachelor’s degree with some education or early childhood credits preferred), and/or a DOH-approved study plan, and 1 year of comparable experience (French immersion or bilingual program). All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
The FIAF Preschool is located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Our mission is to provide a joyful entry into French language and culture, combining the best of the école maternelle and American preschool experience to help each child reach his/her full potential.
HOW TO APPLY
Selected candidates will first have a quick phone interview to verify French proficiency and will then be invited for an interview.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we can only follow up with applicants who are a match for this existing opportunity. No phone calls please.
Healthcare, dental, vision, 403B, Etrac, FSA
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Near native French speaker proficient in English