Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan, execute, and collaborate with other teachers on preschool curriculum and arts-integrated lesson planning on daily basis.
• Be in charge of safety and cleanliness in the classroom at all times
• Take daily attendance, keep accident reports, and organize monthly fire drills
• Prepare preschool for students’ arrival and clean up when school is finished
• Supervising the classroom when the other teachers are out of the room or absent.
• Manage all pick up, drop off, and visitors.
• Facilitate nap time and assist with meals
• Plan, Chaperone, field trips and organize related paperworks in collaboration with director.
• Weekly observation, assessment and evaluation of students.
• Organize and re-stock classroom, supplies, and storage area as needed
• Manage general housekeeping and cleaning of classroom and kitchen
• Supervise and organize recycling program with all the parents for art projects.
• Able to successfully manage class to maintain a positive, nurturing and respectful
• Attend school Open Houses (usually afterschool) and conduct student interviews
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• NY state Master in Early Childhood Education
• Certification in early childhood education (Birth-Grade 2)
• Working papers and visa for non-US citizens
• Fingerprinting and FBI background Check required.
• First aid and CPR certified.
• Familiarity with progressive educational philosophies such as Reggio Emilia, a plus.
• Patience and flexibility; ability to relate to young children and communicate with parents.
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.lpeny.com. No phone calls, please