La Petite École New York (LPENY) is a bilingual French/English immersion boutique preschool in Manhattan with locations in Greenwich Village and the Upper West Side. Our Reggio Emilia inspired pedagogy combined with our multisensory instructional approach in learning francophone culture prepares our graduates to become successful bilingual and bicultural kindergarten students.
LPENY Greenwich Village is currently seeking a full time preschool teacher for the 2'/3" classroom for 2020-2021 Academic year.
The ideal candidate is organized, patient, gentle, understand french, and has prior experience working in preschool and early childhood education, special aid experience is a plus.
Work hours are from 8:30-4:30, Monday through Friday, plus weekly meetings and parent tours. Yearly salary based on experience.
• Plan, execute, and collaborate with other teachers on preschool curriculum and arts-integrated lesson planning on daily basis.
• Be in charge of safety and cleanliness in the classroom at all times
• Take daily attendance, keep accident reports, and organize monthly fire drills
• Prepare preschool for students’ arrival and clean up when school is finished
• Supervising the classroom when the other teachers are out of the room or absent.
• Manage all pick up, drop off, and visitors.
• Facilitate nap time and assist with meals
• Plan, Chaperone, field trips and organize related paperworks in collaboration with director.
• Weekly observation, assessment and evaluation of students.
• Organize and re-stock classroom, supplies, and storage area as needed
• Manage general housekeeping and cleaning of classroom and kitchen
• Supervise and organize recycling program with all the parents for art projects.
• Able to successfully manage class to maintain a positive, nurturing and respectful
• Attend school Open Houses (usually afterschool) and conduct student interviews
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in early childhood education (birth to grade 2)
• Prior experience working in preschool and early childhood education, special aid experience is a plus
• Working papers and visa for non-US citizens
• Fingerprinting and FBI background Check required.
• First aid and CPR certified.
• Familiarity with progressive educational philosophies such as Reggio Emilia, a plus.
• Patience and flexibility; ability to relate to young children and communicate with parents.
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume at email@example.com.
For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.lpeny.com. No phone calls, please