Last year the first Queens K-5 program opened up at PS151.  The program is still looking to fill spots for their K, 1st and 2nd year programs.  Families who are interested in having their children be part of the program can contact me. 

We still have room for new students in Grades K, 1 and 2

I know there are a lot of French speaking families in New York that can benefit from this, PS151 is a magnet school - which means you can apply from anywhere in the city.

PS 151 won a huge grant to become an international baccalaureate school,

Q151flyer1.pdf

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is there such a program on Long island???
  • Thank you for the information Maya. This is a great opportunity for Queens children, from Long Island City, Astoria, Sunnyside, Jackson Heights, and Elmhurst.

I will be present at the meeting, too
  • They do provide bus transportation from Astoria. A couple of friends of mine who live in Astoria used to have their daughters taking the yellow bus to go to PS151.
  • The status of PS151 is about to change to "Magnet School" which means you can sign up from all over the city. Parents, if you want a place in a French-English dual-language program in an up-and-coming neighborhood, this is your chance. The school is accepting children in grades K, 1 and 2. Act now. Contact Jason Goldner, the school principal, and register your child.
  • Do we have to be zoned to PS 151 to get into the program? If not, I'll try to get the word out in my Neighborhood (Astoria). It will also help to know if PS151 provides school busing.

• Marie-Pierre Serra said:
    Gook luck!!! If I can help...Tell me.

Just getting the word out about the program at PS151 would be a big help. Thank you

• Michèle Jean Marie LE GOFF said:
    Is there such a program in NJ, anyone?

If you are interested in starting one in your location contact EFNY (EFNY.net) . These programs are started by parents who have a French heritage and wanted to have their children learn the language and culture. The French Embassy supported the initial start up and still supports the schools that host these programs. My oldest son is in PS151 Queens program and my other son will be in the K program next year. It is a great school with a forward thinking principle that keeps improving the school every year.
  • Gook luck!!! If I can help...Tell me.
  • Is there such a program in NJ, anyone?
  • Félicitations!
This reply was deleted.

Visit our bookstore

Visit our store