French Tutor Needed

Hi! I am looking for a French tutor for lessons this summer, for about a period of 6 weeks. I am looking to have lessons about twice a week and would like to focus mainly on conversation. I would say that I am currently at an intermediate level. Please let me know if you are available and your rates! Thank you! (:

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Rebecca

I would be happy to give you intensive French lessons this summer!  I am still looking for more students and teaching opportunities. My background is both teaching and music performance. I have a French Licence d'Anglais (BA) from Université de Nancy, and a Music Bachelor's degree from Université de Paris 8. I am currently pursuing Music Performance graduate studies at Hunter College CUNY. I love teaching communicative style while always reinforcing grammar points and reclarifying your own inner grammar building or landscape which becomes the sound ground of a French speaker. I have been a children's teacher with the company Pop Languages in Paris for 2 years, so you may happen to find yourself singing and using body gestures for fun and multisensory learning in the lessons. Last August I completed a 120h teaching English certificate at renowned Rennert International school in New York which further enriched my skills bag with communicative, student-centered methods, media usage techniques etc.

My rate for a package of lessons scheduled twice a week would be reduced compared to single lessons and adapted to your and my possibilities.

Contact me to talk about more details at eva.vossmerbaumer@gmail.com I will let you know my phone number from there.

Bien cordialement, Eva Lou

• featured discussion
  • Bonjour!

Prof interpreter/translator working in UN (French-Russian). I have a small group of intermediate level students.We meet for our lessons every Tuesday afternoon in Mid-Town and on week-ends in Astor place area, but I also can teach you individually. My rates are very reasonable.

• Hi,

My name is Jennifer. I'm French, 28 years old. I have been living in New York for 2 years now and I am completely fluent in American English. I already taught American students in the past, both in New York and in France.

I'm available for tutoring everyday after 6:30pm, Wednesdays after 3pm, and on Saturdays. My rates starts at $30 dollars per hour but we can discuss your needs first.

My email is jbourne.nyc@gmail.com

Thank you!

• Hello,

My name is Mary, I am 28 years old, french native speaker, living in NYC since 2 years now.

I only teach  French in a fun way because I believe that it is the best way for my students to remember it!

I've been teaching french since a year and all of my "students" can tell you I'm the best ! My rates are interesting and my lessons are fab !

If you are interested I will send my rates and email address in your inbox mail.

I am at your disposal for more info or for a meeting at your convenience.

Looking forward meeting you :)

Mary

• I am a French teacher at one of the top private preparatory schools in the USA, located in Riverdale, where I am completing my 24th year. I teach all levels of French, including Advanced placement French, and will be off during the Summer. I have tutored extensively. I would look forward to hearing from you to discuss your needs and establish a rate. My recommendations are available upon request.

Merci,

Micheal Dale

michealdale2001@yahoo.com

cell: 1-646-327-7625

• Hi, I am a French native and also have a Masters in Education and am a French teacher. I have years of experience tutoring French, as well as translation. Should you want, I could certainly show you references. Please email me at natawinter@aol.com and perhaps we can talk more about your needs and discuss my rate. Please note that being bilingual is not sufficient to teach, which is a skill that needs to be acquired by taking pedagogy courses.

Regards,

Natalie

• Please, contact me.

Thank you.

• Hi,

I saw your ad for a French tutor and would like to be considered for the position. I am bilingual French/English (actually French/American), and have tutored both French and other languages/studies before, in addition to working and teaching in Paris. I would be available in the evenings during the week and anytime on weekends. My rates are flexible; we can discuss together what is appropriate based on where the tutoring will take place (travel time, etc), and how long each session will be.

If you're interested, please shoot me an email at: nola.solomon@gmail.com

Best,

Nola 

This reply was deleted.

Visit our bookstore

Visit our store