Hello! I would like to know if there is interest in having a French Dual-Language Program in Astoria, Queens. I live in Astoria Queens and have  a 2 year old boy who we are raising to be trilingual.

We currently speak French and Spanish at home, and he gets some English in toddler classes.
As we think about our schooling options, we realize that there are no dual language programs in French/English in our area.

If you are interested, please respond to this email. I would like to get a sense of how much interest there is, and if you are interesting in spearheading this project.

Please email me your level of interest (I.e. yes I am interesting in sending my child to a dual language program, or yes, I am interested in being involved in making this happen!)

Many thanks,

Diana

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi Wes! I have created a special email list for this group,

if you are still interested, please email duallanguage.astoria@gmail.com

thanks!
      Diana

• HI Diana

I have older kids and there was a dual language program at PS 151 that was short lived as the principal closed down the program and didnt feel it was supported enough. We have transferred to the city to another program at PS 84 .Perhaps there is interest in your child's age bracket but it didnt pan out for the current group of elementary francophone students in Queens.

Good luck

Roxanne

This reply was deleted.

Visit our bookstore

Visit our store