CST - French

Hi, 

I'm a teacher in Canada and I'm preparing to take the CST in French. I was wondering if there is anyone in this group that has taken it recently that wouldn't mind speaking to me about it. I would greatly appreciate it! 

Merci!!!

-Rachel 

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello I took it 4 years ago and passed 92% .

Is French your native language?

• Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!
    • I tried to reply earlier...not sure why it didn't go through. No, my French is not native so that's why I'm so nervous about the level of French that's required. 

• I found it easy as a French native language speaker but some of the  grammar questions were really tricky. I think the hardest part for a non-native will be the cultural question you should practice online some French culture quizz.They will ask you who to write some French famous novel or symphonie, also the year of major French History events.

• I'm really worried about my level of French as I'm not a native speaker...I've been studying both grammar and culture...you're right the cultural part is tricky since they could ask me just about anything there. They recently changed the format of the exam and I can't find any sample questions online. Would you know anyone that has taken it recently? 

• I found my result I actually had 289 on 300 (so 96%).

I passed it in 2012 here the différents contents:

Listening Comprehension......................................
            Reading Comprehension........................................
            Language Structures..........................................
            Cultural Understanding.......................................
            Written Expression...........................................
            Oral Expression..............................................

I remembered that we had to record a tape for the Oral Expression part.

I don't know it it's different now.

• No but I will ask around me and let you know.

This reply was deleted.

Visit our bookstore

Visit our store