After-school babysitter in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
- $20/hr for two boys (Theodore & Milo)
- $15/hr for one boy (This would occur if one family is on vacation, or doesn't need after-school care for certain days)
- Wages paid every Friday evening for hours worked M-F of the same week
- Pick up children from PS110, located at 124 Monitor St., Brooklyn NY 11222
- Safely accompany children to either of their homes (on foot, bus, or train).
- Child care, activities and snack time daily.
- Supervise homework as needed.
- First aid as needed (clean and bandage bumps, scrapes, bruises, or other booboos)
- Experience with child care with kids near this age (5).
- Enthusiasm and patience, ability and willingness to engage with the children and suggest a variety of activities, e.g. play outside in the park, indoor arts/crafts, reading, games, toys. Little to no TV, please
- Ability to prepare easy & healthy 4pm snack (e.g. crackers, carrots, cheese, etc., all to be supplied by families).
- French fluency, speak to children in French as much as possible.
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries for kids, with authority and kindness.
- Punctuality and honesty.
- Monday-Friday 2:30-6:00, except school closures (following the NYC schools calendar) http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/A3D17228-63C2-4178-89FC-0BE130C616BE/0/201516SchoolYearCalendar_Revised62315.pdf
- Prompt arrival at the school for dismissal is a must (no later than 2:30p) and relay any messages from the teacher to parents
- Occasional evening hours (if parents work late, etc.) if desired. This extra time would be paid, per the above wages.
- Alternate locations: generally speaking, 2 weeks at each home. May change based on family needs.
Please respond to Sarah at skorky64 at gmail if you are interested in learning more about the positon.