Dear New York In French Community,

We are Céline, Ludivine and Caroline -- three French moms who've been living just across the Hudson river, in Jersey City, NJ for several years now.

A few months ago, we started to gather information and data to see if there would be enough interest in Jersey City to create a French language program for young children. The response was very enthusiastic and encouraging, both from the parents and the local institutions we contacted, so we kept moving forward.

And things have been going fast!

Our goal is to offer a high-quality yet affordable school education in French and cultural opportunities to children from various linguistic and cultural backgrounds. We will create a fun environment through various educational activities adapted to the age of the children, through age-appropriate level classes.

Starting with an afterschool program next Fall (2012), French will be introduced through a multi sensory approach using creative arts, language arts, singing, games and cooking – the ratio of each depending on the age group. We will follow the cursus of the “programme de l’éducation nationale française” (French Education System) in terms of skills to be acquired by the end of a class year, giving all the children what will be needed to pursue their education in the bilingual French-American school the following year, if desired.

We’re hoping to open a full-time French-American preschool (Nursery to 1st Grade) in Jersey City in September 2013.

Follow us on our new blog, JC French Project, and don't forget to fill in the survey if you're interested in the project! Also... spread the word!!!

Thank you!

You need to be a member of New York in French to add comments!

Join New York in French

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wish we had some in Monmouth county! My 4 year old is learning french and unless we have a tutor, french is not available at an intensive level in schools around us. If you do know anyone interested in doing something similar here, please let me know. We will also be looking for a Native French tutor for our kids. Please let me know if someone is available. 

Svetlana

• Hello Svetlana, yes, we had the same issue and that's how we started gathering information about interest in our local community (as there are many French people in the Hudson County, especially Jersey City and Hoboken!). Unfortunately I'm not familiar at all with Monmouth County... except for the beach part ;)

Good luck with your search!

Best,

Caroline

• How exciting!  We need something like this in this area.

I live right next door to Jersey City in Weehawken. Short ride on the path.

I have fluency in French and have been teaching/tutoring French for 7 years.

Attended Sorbonne Paris and B.A. in French literature from am Ivy League college.

I have taught French to ages 5-adult. Really enjoy teaching French.

Please let me know how I can assist you in this project to start an after-school program and also a French-American preschool in Jersey City.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Madeleine Dubrovsky

RESUME_-_MD.doc

• Hello Madeleine,

Thank you for your interest in our project! I have forwarded your message & resume to Céline, who is the Director of our project. She will get back in touch with you once we're in the recruitment phase.

Thanks!

Caroline

This reply was deleted.

Visit our bookstore

Visit our store