- Aug 24, 2017 to Sep 29, 2017
- Location: Angelika Film Center + Lincoln Plaza Cinema
Oscilloscope Laboratories is proud to announce the release of POLINA, directed by Valérie Müller and acclaimed French choreographer Angelin Preljocaj, based on the graphic novel by Bastien Vivès. POLINA is scheduled to open in New York on Friday, August 25 (Angelika Film Center) and in Los Angeles on Friday, September 1 (Nuart), followed by a national roll out.
Shot in Russia, France and Belgium, POLINA tells the journey of a gifted young dancer - played by 22 year-old Mariinsky Theatre Russian ballerina Anastasia Shevtsova - rigorously trained from an early age by a perfectionist classical ballet teacher. Just after being accepted into Moscow's highly competitive and prestigious Bolshoi Ballet, Polina discovers contemporary dance, a revelation that deeply affects the young woman and makes her question her life until then. Diverting from her plan, Polina leaves all her exacting preparation behind and impulsively moves to the south of France to work with famous choreographer Liria Elsaj
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Sep 14, 2017 to Sep 17, 2017
- Location: 146 Sullivan Street Soho
- Description: French Soho boutique of multi brandsannual sample sales of all collections of all past seasonsall sales final. no return,no exchange, no gift wrapping,no store credit to be applied.MC, Visa, Amex & cashsizes range from new born to 12 years clothing, shoes, accessories & toysPom d’api shoes 70% offclothing 50 to 80% offbaskets for cash sale at $5, $10, $15, $20Max & Lola, Petit Bateau, Morley, Little creative Factory, Simple Kids, Rita co Rita, Minina, Go Gently Baby, Keti Keta, Bonheur du jour, Emile et Ida, Aymara, Oeuf, Petit Bateau, Pequeno Tocon, Poudre Organic, Red caribou, Violeta & Frederico, Mademoiselle a Soho, Picnic, Kira, Billiblush,Sparrow & Fox, La Petite Collection, Kira, Pilvi, Sonatina, Paper Wings, Gold, Kidscase, Moon, Minina, Nico Nico etc...Pom d’Api (baby to size 39)Petite Lucette, ADD, Riders, MP, Tree House etc…
- Created by: dominique simonneaux
- Sep 14, 2017 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm EDT
- Location: National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South
Join members and friends of the Paris American Club for dinner with a speaker (TBA) on a topic of interest to the French-American community.
Since 1940, the PAC continues Benjamin Franklin's tradition of gathering French and Americans for dinner at his home in Passy. Our dynamic Young Member Committee is revitalizing the club and also plans many diverse events this fall.
- Created by: John F Bennett
- Sep 14, 2017 at 3:00pm to Sep 16, 2017 at 2:00pm EDT
- Location: Hemmerdinger Hall, Silver Center NYU
Organized by AVITAL RONELL and TOM BISHOP
French writer, literary critic, and philosopher Hélène Cixous celebrates her 80th birthday in 2017. To mark this occasion, New York University will bring her to the Washington Square Campus once again, together with a number of distinguished scholars and writers. Cixousversaire, A Celebration of Hélène Cixous will include a keynote address by Cixous; a discussion with Cixous, Karen Finley, and Avital Ronell; a three-minute trailer of a film project on Cixous by Olivier Morel; readings by director Daniel Mesguich; a roundtable on Cixous’ theater, including Anne Bogart, Cixous, and Judith Miller; and presentations by Cixous specialists Peggy Kamui, Marta Segarra and others; and writers Camille Laurens and Bertrand Leclair.
See nyu.edu/maisonfrancaise for full conference schedule.
- Created by: La Maison Française of NYU