- Mar 10, 2016 to May 27, 2016
- Location: Paris Theatre and Angelika Film Center
Cohen Media Group is proud to announce the release of MARGUERITE, writer-director Xavier Giannoli’s satirical tragicomedy set in France in the 1920s, starring Catherine Frot (The Dinner Game, Family Resemblances) as Marguerite Dumont, an eccentric and exceedingly wealthy would-be Opera diva. Nominated for 11 César Awards including Best Film, Best Director and Best Actress, the film was selected for the Venice and Telluride Fim Festivald, and is scheduled to open in New York at The Paris Theater and the Angelika Film Center on Friday, March 11 with a national roll-out to follow.
Not far outside Paris, at the beginning of the Roaring 20s, Marguerite lives in a sumptuous mansion, spending much of her time singing famous opera arias dressed in elaborate theatrical costumes. Marguerite sings whole-heartedly, bearing her soul, but is also terribly, and comically, out of tune. When a young, provocative journalist writes a rave review of her latest private recital, Marguerite’s delusion that s
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Apr 6, 2016 at 7:00am to Jun 6, 2016 at 8:00am EDT
- Location: 245 W 29th Street (bet 7th & 8th av),
New York, New York – Laurence de Valmy is pleased to announce an exhibition “Colors & reflections” of recent paintings at the French restaurant O Cabanon in Chelsea, NY. The exhibition will open on April 6 and will remain on view through June 6, 2016.
Laurence de Valmy is a French painter who fell in love with the American movements of Contemporary Realism and Photorealism, to the point of becoming a realist painter herself. She believes that what we see influences our mood. Therefore she chooses to paint colorful and bright paintings to create happy and peaceful moments in time.
For this exhibition, curated by Emilie Boix, Manager at OCabanon, Laurence will present a body of work around the study of the light and its impact on colors and reflections. “It’s fascinating to notice how light transforms the colors or how reflections are playful. I’m very pleased of this collaboration with the team of OCabanon. The atmosphere of the restaurant is welcoming and is all about spending a good
- Created by: laurence de Valmy
- Apr 26, 2016 at 7:00am to May 17, 2016 at 2:00pm EDT
- Location: Agora Gallery
NEW YORK, NY – Chelsea’s Agora Gallery will feature the original work of Nice photographer Claude MacBurnie in Illumination: An Exhibition of Fine Art Photography.
Image: Claude MacBurnie, Balloon 04, Photo Print , Dibond Mount, 23.5''x 35.5''
- Created by: Lee Eagle
- May 13, 2016 at 2:00pm to May 14, 2016 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: FIAF Florence Gould Hall
Actor and comedian François-Xavier Demaison (Le petit Nicolas and Tellement proches) has spent the past decade regaling live audiences with his singular mix of sketch and stand-up comedy.
For his US debut, Demaison takes us on a breakneck tour of all-too-familiar characters. Caricaturing everyone from a Carcassonnienne housewife to your high school gym teacher, he draws our cultural eccentricities in outrageous detail.
Jean-Marc Dumontet and Bitou Production in association with Samuel le Bihan
- Created by: FIAF
- May 14, 2016 to May 15, 2016
- Location: Visit the web site for an application!
"The world is not in your books and maps. It’s out there." —Gandalf, Lord of the Rings
OSEF, a 22-year old international exchange program, is happy to announce new availability to U.S. students!
Organisme de Séjours Educatifs Francophones supports direct family-stay exchanges between students from North America (Canada and the U.S.) with students from Europe (Belgium, France, and Spain). The program has a long history throughout the Canadian provinces and is now supporting American students.
In 2016, two types of programs are available, with applications due before May 15:
- Summer Exchange: Partners spend July in Europe, August in the U.S.
- School Exchange: Partners spend September through November in the U.S., February through April in Europe.
Both programs are fully chaperoned and fully insured, designed for students ages 13-17, with departures available from several major U.S. cities. The primary difference between the Summer Exchange and the School Exchange is the students’ attendance
- Created by: Suzanne Stenson O'Brien
- May 14, 2016 from 6:30am to 8:00am EDT
- Location: PS 84
- Description: Bonjour NY French Summer Camp Open House Event at PS 84 Saturday May 14 at 10:30amAddress: 32 W 92 street between Central Park West and ColumbusThere are only 2 months left until summer! Time to plan a fun summer for your little ones...Camp is for children ages 3.5 to 11. Weekly registration from July 5 to September 2. Daily Bus service to and from camp.Feel free to bring your children, we would love to meet them . Our Bonjour NY staff members will entertain our future campers while you participate in our 2016 Camp presentation. We will also give you a tour of the facility followed by Q&A and refreshments.
- Created by: Houaria