- Feb 25, 2016 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm EST
- Location: Emmanuel Fremin Gallery
Emmanuel Fremin Gallery is proud to present Super Me , a dual exhibition featuring the works of Ole Marius Joergensen and Giuseppe Mastromatteo.
Super Me will be held from February 25 to April 2nd with an artist's reception on Thursday, February 25, from 6 - 8pm.
- Created by: Emmanuel Fremin
- Feb 25, 2016 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm EST
- Location: PARIS AND WORLD
- Created by: Francoise Demarelatrous
- Feb 25, 2016 from 3:00pm to 4:30pm EST
- Location: The Abigail Adams Smith Auditorium
To purchase tickets online, click here
Jessica Gould, soprano
Diego Cantalupi, archlute
Charles Weaver, theorbo
James Waldo, cello
Kenneth Hamrick, harpsichord
A Cardinal who never took holy orders, Mazarin, né Giulio Raimondo Mazzarino, was born near Naples, grew up in Rome, and became Chief Minister of France. The most powerful advisor to Louis XIV was more fascinated by art than theology, and although Bernini in Paris would ultimately be the prize of Mazarin's successor, the Cardinal imported innumerable Italian compositions and a fair number of Italian composers to his adopted country. His dedication to artistic splendor was a hallmark of his tenure and a gift to subsequent generations.
Native sons whom he championed include Luigi Rossi, Virgilio Mazzocchi, and Giacomo Carissimi. Their music, mostly Roman, and mostly born of the decadent Barberini papal court, came to transform the music of France. Arias, cantatas, and operas by these Italian composers and more can be found to this d
- Created by: Jessica Gould