- Sep 10, 2015 to Oct 30, 2015
- Location: IFC Center
Film Movement is proud to announce the release of BREATHE, the second feature by actress-turned-director Mélanie Laurent (Inglorious Basterds, Beginnings). A taut coming-of-age tale of the depths and escalating passions in female friendships, BREATHE is Ms. Laurent’s assured adaptation of the French young-adult novel of the same name. Starring talented newcomers Joséphine Japy and Lou De Laâge as two young girls whose all-consuming friendship takes a dark and dangerous turn, BREATHE is scheduled to open in New York on September 11 at the IFC Center and in Los Angeles on September 18, followed by a national release.
Charlie (Joséphine Japy) is seventeen and bored. Her estranged parents are too caught up in their own drama to pay much attention to her. School holds no surprises either and Charlie grows tired of her staid friends. Enter Sarah (Lou De Laâge), a hip new transfer student who brings with her an alluring air of boldness and danger. The two girls form an instant connection. S
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Sep 17, 2015 to Oct 30, 2015
- Location: Lincoln Plaza & Sunshine Cinemas
Cohen Media Group is proud to announce the release of THE NEW GIRLFRIEND, acclaimed French writer/director Francois Ozon’s gender-bending drama about desire, sexual identity and self-discovery. Loosely adapted from a Ruth Rendell short story, and starring rising French star Anais Demoustier (Bird People, The French Minister) and Romain Duris (The Beat that My Heart Skipped, Mood Indigo) in a career-defining role, THE NEW GIRLFRIEND is scheduled to open in New York (Lincoln Plaza and Sunshine Cinemas) and Los Angeles on Friday, September 18 followed by a national roll-out.
Claire (Anais Demoustier) and Laura (Isild Le Besco) have been best friends since childhood. When Laura falls ill and dies, Claire reaches out to comfort her friend’s bereaved husband, David (Romain Duris), and makes a surprising discovery about him: David secretly enjoys dressing as a woman. Ozon relates the story of Claire and David by bringing dashes of Douglas Sirk and George Cukor to a twenty-first-century narra
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Sep 17, 2015 to Oct 30, 2015
- Location: Lincoln Plaza & Landmark Sunshine
Strand Releasing is proud to announce the release of THE CUT, Fatih Akin’s epic drama about one man’s journey through the Ottoman Empire after surviving the 1915 Armenian genocide. Deported from his home in Mardin, Nazareth (A Prophet’s Tahar Rahim) moves onwards as a forced laborer. When he learns that his daughters may still be alive, his hope is revived and he travels to America, via Cuba, to find them. Co-written by Armenian screenwriter, USC professor and Martin Scorsese collaborator Mardik Martin (Raging Bull, Mean Streets, New York, New York) THE CUT was an official selection of the Venice and Film Festival, and is scheduled to open on Friday, September 18 (Lincoln Plaza, Landmark Sunshine) followed by a national release. This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Armenian genocide.
One night, the Turkish police round up all the Armenian men in the city, including the young blacksmith, Nazaret Manoogian, who gets separated from his family. Years later, after managing to survi
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Sep 18, 2015 at 2:00pm EDT to Nov 14, 2015 at 2:00pm EST
- Location: Rio Gallery III
- Description: Ghislaine Sabiti's new art exhibition The Invisible Molili, meaning an Invisible Obscurity in the Lingala Congolese language, builds a bridge between communities through collecting fractured narratives for social change and identity. This new body of work explores the stories of those often forgotten or misunderstood.Ghislaine Sabiti's technique sheds light on the shadows that exist in our world.Her sensibility to an interculturalism and plurality of language infused with unique sewing and embroidery techniques creates bold stroke brushes."Sometimes we try ignore it and it becomes The Invisible Molili.."The Invisible Molili Exhibition will take place in Rio Gallery III in the new Sugar Hill building and the Children's Museum of Art & Storytelling at 898 St.Nicholas Ave. and 155th St. .The exhibit will be view from September 18th to November 17th.For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Created by: ghislaine sabiti
- Sep 24, 2015 at 2:00am to Oct 13, 2015 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: online
- Description: N'hesitez pas a me coHormis une aide financiere tres appreciee, vous pouvez egalement nous aider en faisant passer la nouvelle et le lien de notre projet a vos amis sur Facebook ou par mail ou autre version internaute.Filmharmonic Brass a besoin de votre aide afin de realiser ce projet d'enregistrement. Sur le site dont le lien est ci-dessus il y a plusieurs "recompenses" selon le niveau de soutien financier recu allant d'un telechargement a 10$ au titre de Producteur Executif pour un don de 10.000$Regardez, SVP, la video (en Anglais) ci dessous qui vous en dira plus sur notre projet d'enregistrer des musiques de films composees par John Williams et arrangees pour notre Septuor par Charlie Porter.Je vous fais parvenir ce lien a une campagne qui se nomme Kickstarter aux USA afin de vous informer de ma participation dans un nouvel ensemble de cuivres qui se nomme FilmHarmonic Brass.Bonjour,
- Created by: Dominic Derasse
- Sep 24, 2015 at 2:45pm EDT to Dec 17, 2015 at 3:00pm EST
- Location: 521 Fifth Avenue
- Description: Bonjour et Bonne Rentrée! J’espère que vous avez passé de bonnes vacances!
Nous formons une fois de plus un salon de conversation pour cette saison septembre/décembre 2015.
Du moment que 5 participants confirment, c’est parti!
(Je vous demande donc de confirmer , à cette adresse email email@example.com , aussi tôt que possible).
Je propose cette fois-ci une double formule:
Prenez les 7 classes du cycle: $250,-
Choisissez 5 des 7 classes: $200,-.
Participation à payer au préalable ou à la première classe.
Comme toujours, les classes auront lieu dans la salle de conférence 2, au cinquième étage, des bureaux de
Major, Lindsey and Afrika, 521 5th Avenue, entrée sur la 43ième rue,
le jeudi soir, tous les 15 jours de 18h45 à 20h00.
Ce cycle-ci les dates sont les suivantes:
Le 24 septembre,
le 8 octobre, le 22 octobre,
le 5 novembre, le 19 novembre,
le 3 décembre, le 17 décembre.
N’hésitez pas à me contacter si vous avez des questions.
Votre confirmation est appréciée. Un petit oui ou non, aideron
- Created by: Luc Georges
- Oct 3, 2015 to Nov 15, 2015
- Location: BnF - François Mitterrand
The Ovahimba Years / Rina Sherman
A Multimedia Ethnography in Namibia and Angola
Exhibition from September 29, 2015 to November 15, 2015 François-Mitterrand / Donors’ gallery
The Ovahimba, a community of cattle farmers, live on both sides of the Kunene River that forms the border between Namibia and Angola. From 1997 to 2004, the ethnographer, filmmaker and photographer Rina Sherman shared the life of an extended family during a fieldwork study of seven years. During this time, she created in-depth documentation of some aspects of their everyday and ritual lives. The archival collection “The Ovahimba Years – Les années Ovahimba”, consisting of several hundred hours of video and sound, thousands of photographs and many notes, composes a unique ensemble of this community, both of universal interest and innovative as an ethnography. Rina Sherman donated it to the BNF in 2014.
- Created by: Rina Sherman
- Oct 8, 2015 from 8:30am to 10:00am EDT
- Location: National Arts Club
The Paris American Club brings together citizens of France, America, and other nations who share a passion for France and an interest in fostering the centuries-old Franco-American friendship. Participants in our gatherings and events hail from business and diplomatic circles, the arts and education.
Thursday, October 8th Luncheon at the National Arts Club
David Garrow Lowe
“The Invention of the Riviera: English in Winter, Americans in Summer”
Register on our website www.parisamericanclub.org
- Created by: John F Bennett
- Oct 8, 2015 at 4:00pm to Oct 11, 2015 at 10:00am EDT
- Location: American Theatre of Actors
by François Bégaudeau
translated and directed by Sarah Krasnow
WHEN? October 7-10th, 8pm
Matinees October 10th and 11th, 2pm
WHERE? American Theatre of Actors, 314 West 54th Street, New York, NY
HOW? Book tickets and view calendar by clicking here.
Support us by clicking here.
Visit our website at www.leprob.com, where you can also by tickets.
Le Problème (co-produced by Sarah Krasnow, Sally Shen, and Hannah Spratt) by François Bégaudeau will make its US premiere at American Theatre of Actors October 7-11, 2015, translated and directed by Sarah Krasnow.
“I’m going where I’m still desired,” says Annie, explaining to her husband and children why she is leaving them for a man she met at work. Capturing one hour in the life of a family in crisis, Le Problème examines mother, father, son, and daughter as they navigate the responsibilities they have to themselves and each other. When a relationship changes, what is the solution? Or is t
- Created by: Sarah Krasnow