- Nov 24, 2011 to Feb 29, 2012
- Location: Paris Theatre
Hollywood 1927. George Valentin (Jean Dujardin) is a silent movie superstar. The advent of the talkies will sound the death knell for his career and see him fall into oblivion. For young extra Peppy Miller (Berenice Bejo), it seems the sky's the limit - major movie stardom awaits. THE ARTIST tells the story of their interlinked destinies.
Starring Jean Dujardin, Bérénice Bejo, John Goodman, Malcolm McDowell, James Cromwell, Penelope Ann Miller.
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Jan 19, 2012 at 6:00am to Feb 11, 2012 at 12:00pm EST
- Location: French Institute Alliance Française Gallery
In La Bibliothèque, contemporary French artist Eric Fonteneau creates a trompe l’oeil library. Thousands of graphite and charcoal rubbings of book bindings, souvenirs copied at libraries during Fonteneau’s travels in Europe and America, line the walls of the site- specific installation. Fonteneau plays with the idea of real versus imagined and memory versus record, while hinting at the impending end of print in our increasingly digital world.
- Created by: FIAF
- Feb 1, 2012 to Mar 31, 2012
- Location: Chelsea
The Vicky David Gallery is proud to present an exhibition of the Belgian artist Arne Quinze.
The gallery will present pieces from the series "My Home, My House, My Stilthouse" which plays on the dichotomy between chaos and equilibrium. From the appearant fragility of his material emerges overflowing energy and pure beauty. Arne Quinze dreams of an ideal society in which all individuals communicate and interact with each other. Eclectically he uses paintings, drawings, sculptures and monumental installations to develop his work in the urban movement, by focusing on the themes: Order, Disorder, Structure and Habitation.
Beginning in the early 2000’s, Arne Quinze’s œuvre is the subject of many public and private installations around the world such as ("Uchronia", Nevada, USA; "Timegate", Miami, USA; "Rebirth", Paris, FRANCE; "Red Beacon", Shanghai, CHINA; "Camille", Rouen, FRANCE; "The Sequence", Brussels, BELGIUM; "The Traveller", Munich, GERMANY ; "The Visitor", Beirut, LEBANON).
- Created by: Vicky David
- Feb 6, 2012 from 4:00am to 5:00am EST
- Location: PS 110 - The Monitor School
- Description: Hello Parents,Just wanted to send out a reminder about the next tour of PS 110 which will be on Monday, February 6th at 9:15 am.Here are some highlights: experienced and supportiveadministration, dedicated and well-trained teachers, arts residencies for everygrade, frequent field trips, parent involvement welcome, recess outside on abeautiful playground, new library, relationship with gardner at McGolrick parkand after-school options. The emphasis is truly on "growing hearts and minds"and not on test-prep.This year launched the first French dual language class in Kindergarten. Thetour will address questions about this program as well as the school in general.No need to register for the tour. The school is located at 124 Monitor St (onthe corner on Monitor and Driggs). You can usually find parking on Monitorbetween Driggs and Engert on Monday mornings.Visit http://www.ps110k.com/ for more information or feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about the school. If yo
- Created by: Léa Joly Sloan
- Feb 6, 2012 from 2:00pm to 6:00pm EST
- Location: Bar & Books
Next Monday (02/06) we are going to our new spot Monday Midtown East: Beekman Bar & Books, joining French people of NYC.
Bar & Books was founded in 1990 and creates an inviting and relaxing lounge ambience, which is perfect for French groups. The place can host up to 100 people (maybe up to 120 French speaking people with their good friends from Canada:-)). We will have wine specials and free bites.
We can sit on the tables to the left and at the Bar for another exciting “Parlez-vous Français?”.
Other meetup groups will join us for sharing more and have more fun:
"Les Cinéphiles Francophiles de New York", "New York Frenchies", "The New York City Language Exchange Club", organized by Yara and Jean-Philippe.
Subway: E to Lexington Ave–53rd St; 6 to 51st St
Check the 360 Google Inside View : http://tinyurl.com/8xn6oe9
Jean-Philippe & Yara
- Created by: Rendez-Vous NYC Events