- Aug 8, 2011 at 2:00pm to Aug 21, 2011 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: On Kickstarter's website: http://kck.st/ieBvUW
Multiple award-winning French-American filmmaker Anne Aghion has spent over 10 years filming in post-genocide Rwanda where she made four films. Her latest, MY NEIGHBOR MY KILLER, was in Official Selection at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival, and has since been shown around the world, received numerous awards and garnered unanimous critical praise.
Assumpta Mugiraneza is a Rwandan social psychologist and political scientist who has done extensive work on memory, history and hate speech.
Together, they’re creating IRIBA CENTER FOR MULTIMEDIA HERITAGE in Kigali, Rwanda. IRIBA Center, whose name means “the source” in Kinyarwanda, will gather a century of Rwanda’s audiovisual history from sources in Africa and Europe to make it free and accessible to the public.
Since 1994, all Rwandans share genocide as their central legacy. Nearly two decades later, as they search for a path to long-lasting recovery and peace, discovering -or re-discovering- their common history and cultural identity is essen
- Created by: Anita Kirpalani
- Aug 19, 2011 at 8:00am to Aug 25, 2011 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: Film Society of Lincoln Center, Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center
Directed by René Féret.
Stars Marie Féret, Marce Barbé, Delphine Chuillot, David Moreau, Clovis Fouin.
- Created by: Music Box Films
- Aug 19, 2011 at 2:00pm to Aug 20, 2011 at 9:00am EDT
- Location: Chado Sushi
Politics, be damned !
Here is your passport to the Middle East through its exotic and stunningly diverse pop heritage. Here we ventured beyond the pillars of Arabic music into some fascinating backwaters of the world music universe... You will find all this and much more in our After-Work Party!
HAPPY HOUR 5PM-7PM
2 for 1 Drink
2 for 8$ Sushi Rolls (12 pieces)
4 East 36th Street, NYC (Between Fifth and Madison)
- Created by: Etienne DeYans
- Aug 19, 2011 at 7:00pm to Aug 20, 2011 at 12:00am EDT
- Location: SOB's [Sounds of Brazil]
Vendredi 19 août, SOB’s va accueillir la voix du Reggae Roots Africain, Tiken Jah Fakoly. Figure emblématique de la protest-song ivoirienne Tiken Jah Fakoly se passionne, très tôt, pour les rythmes chauds du reggae. Depuis ses premières cassettes publiées en Côte d’Ivoire en 1993, Tiken Jah Fakoly utilise son art et ses chansons comme une arme de dénonciation, de condamnation, d'opposition mais aussi de conciliation.
Avec son 8ème album « African Révolution » sorti fin 2010, le chanteur ivoirien change la donne de son reggae africain en s'accompagnant d'instruments traditionnels mandingues.
« African Révolution » s’impose comme un jalon, non seulement pour l’artiste, mais pour toute la scène reggae. Une bouffée d’air frais, exemple qui va donner du grain à moudre à toute la nouvelle génération... Mais avant tout cet album transcende les genres et projette un son nouveau, ancré dans la tradition et résolument moderne, comme cette Afrique qui ne cesse de nous charmer et de nous étonner.
- Created by: Sofar
- Aug 19, 2011 at 7:30pm to Aug 20, 2011 at 12:00am EDT
- Location: NYC
*****Summer Zouk Cruise is this Friday, August 19 with Jean Marie Ragald and his live backing band direct from Martinique ****
$65 in advance, more night of event.
Last minute advance tickets until TONIGHT....
Buy your tickets at: http://www.starzpromotions.com
Info line & Ticket: 347 553-9927/ 347 469-9513
Buy Your Ticket/s Via PayPal Secure Service.
It's first come first serve!
Boarding at 11:30PM Sharp at 2430 East 23rd Street FDR Drive East Service Road,
Our Cruise Package includes the following:
Delicious Hot Buffet
It'l Celebrity DJ Shogun Famous Monster DJ
LIVE PERFORMANCE WITH A BACKING BAND
Note: Dress Code Rules!!
Chic trendy attire is require.
All guests must be 21 and over with Proper ID required..
We Sail Rain or Shine.
Do Not Forget to Print Your Receipt From PayPal. Print out receipts will be required Upon Boarding.
Public Transportation to the Pier: Subway #6 to 23rd Street & Lexington Avenue. Walk east approximately (4) blocks to FDR Drive. Follow the signs for Summe
- Created by: Monique Macaire
- Aug 20, 2011 from 4:30am to 5:30am EDT
- Location: Prospect Park
How to join us:
1) Register online (www.trxoutdoorbootcamp.com): profile (name, photo, and introduction.)
2) Book your session online
3) Attend TRX Outdoor Boot Camp
We look forward to working out with you!
- Created by: Trish
- Aug 20, 2011 from 1:00pm to 3:30pm EDT
- Location: 34th street and 9th avenue, next to B&H Photo
- Description: Citifari landmark tour includes the New Yorker Hotel, the Empire State building, Grand Central Terminal and the Chrysler building.
Citifari tour starts outside B&H Photo at the corner of 34th st. and 9th av.
- bring your best camera, a couple of lenses if you have (a standard zoom should be enough but you might want to be able to play a bit),
- remember to charge your battery and have a memory card that will allow for some 100 shots (~ 10 shots per spot),
- wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes according to the weather,
- most of the tour occurs outside, wear a hat and sunscreen during sunny days,
- bring some refreshments / snacks
The tour should last between 2-1/2 hour and 3 hours and will end close to the Chrysler building.
- Created by: Sam Levy
- Aug 20, 2011 from 6:00pm to 8:30pm EDT
- Location: 43 Murray Street, New York, NY 10007
Ready for some good French music? Two French bands are flying to New York to headline the 'American Kiss Tour!' They'll be playing alongside several American bands in three US cities - New York, Boston, Philadelphia!
Come out to see the tour's opening show at Cin-M-Art Space 43 in New York, NY! Only $10 for Admission - *43 Murray Street NYC, between West Broadway & Church Streets (subways: 1, 2,3 A,C,E)
The Featured French Bands:
The 'American Kiss Tour' is brought to you by Flatlines Media and FrenchMade, American and French music organizations respectively that support and provide performance opportunities for talented rising artists.
- Created by: Jarrett C