- Jul 28, 2011 to Aug 12, 2011
- Location: Landmark Sunshine Cinema
- Description: Samuel (Gilles Lellouche) is a happily married nurse working in a Paris hospital. When his very pregnant wife (Elena Anaya) is kidnapped before his helpless eyes, everything falls apart. After being knocked unconscious, he comes to and his cell phone rings: he has three hours to get Sartet (Roschdy Zem), a man under police surveillance, out of the hospital. Shot on location in wide lens, POINT BLANK is an exhilarating non-stop ride through Paris’ streets, subways, hospitals, warehouses, and police stations, as Samuel quickly finds himself pitted against rival gangsters and trigger-happy police in a deadly race to save the lives of his wife and unborn child.
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Aug 4, 2011 to Aug 19, 2011
- Location: Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center and IFC Center
- Description: Spanning three decades, MYSTERIES OF LISBON plunges us into a whirlwind of adventures, coincidences, revelations, vengeance, betrayals and love affairs, wrapped in a rhapsodic voyage that takes us to Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, and as far as Brazil. Evoking the complex intertwined narratives of Charles Dickens, the film’s central character is Joao, the illegitimate child of an ill-fated romance between two members of the aristocracy who are forbidden to marry, and follows Joao’s quest to discover the truth of his parentage. Nothing, and nobody, is first as it/she/he appears in this intoxicating spiral of stories within stories within stories, filmed by Ruiz with gorgeous period design, a fluid, pirouetting camera, and a stellar French and Portuguese cast including up and coming actresses Clotilde Hesmé and Léa Seydoux.
- Created by: Aimee Morris
- Aug 8, 2011 at 2:00pm to Aug 21, 2011 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: On Kickstarter's website: http://kck.st/ieBvUW
Multiple award-winning French-American filmmaker Anne Aghion has spent over 10 years filming in post-genocide Rwanda where she made four films. Her latest, MY NEIGHBOR MY KILLER, was in Official Selection at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival, and has since been shown around the world, received numerous awards and garnered unanimous critical praise.
Assumpta Mugiraneza is a Rwandan social psychologist and political scientist who has done extensive work on memory, history and hate speech.
Together, they’re creating IRIBA CENTER FOR MULTIMEDIA HERITAGE in Kigali, Rwanda. IRIBA Center, whose name means “the source” in Kinyarwanda, will gather a century of Rwanda’s audiovisual history from sources in Africa and Europe to make it free and accessible to the public.
Since 1994, all Rwandans share genocide as their central legacy. Nearly two decades later, as they search for a path to long-lasting recovery and peace, discovering -or re-discovering- their common history and cultural identity is essen
- Created by: Anita Kirpalani
- Aug 8, 2011 from 2:00pm to 9:00pm EDT
- Location: Chado Sushi
Mondays After-Work new rendez-vous for an eclectic international mix of fashionistas, luxury brand specialists, creative art and professionals designers and media specialists and more
2 for $8
(12 pieces of Sushi rolls)
COMPLIMENTARY CHAMPAGNE FOR LADIES
Eclectic & Euro House Music
Speciality Cocktails, Please RSVP email@example.com
4 East 36th Street, NYC (Between Fifth and Madison)
- Created by: Etienne DeYans